• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Info On The Current State Of X-metal?

From what I understand, Elite products will be my Carbon Fiber based and less titanium based in the future

X-Metals weren't an elite product. And as far as I know the Elite line is done for good anyway.

I personally haven't heard anything about the X-Metal line since they discontinued it. All I know is that my store still has a few Juliets and an XS still in stock...but at regular price.

X-Metals weren't an elite product. And as far as I know the Elite line is done for good anyway.

I personally haven't heard anything about the X-Metal line since they discontinued it. All I know is that my store still has a few Juliets and an XS still in stock...but at regular price.

They were the Elite line of thier time. Not officially listed as Elite. I heard from a guy that used to work at HQ and still has friends there that Metals will be back.

I've read that they are moving production from Nevada to California. That seems like an odd move. Regulations wise, California has to be a nightmare compared to Nevada.

It seems more likely that they would move production to Mexico or China with everything else.

It also seems odd that they would halt production instead of building the new factory first and start churning them out, then closing the plant in Nevada.

I've read the same thing about 2014, which I also read was initially planned for this spring/summer but for whatever reason was pushed back. At the same time when I read that out loud I feel like the chic from the insurance commercial that met the french male model on the internet. Bonjour.

I'm just going to hold be breath for x-metals return.

In the mean time I'm going to have to convince the wife to let me order one of the last pairs of SX from Oakley's website. I'm sure they won't last long.

I have a hard time thinking that X metal will come back with new designs, but I somewhat hope they do and also somewhat hope they do not. Its hard to think of If it came back I would certainly be ordering some new designs if there were some.

Is it not going to be more along the lines of developments with aluminium? I'm sure I heard the Juliet would return in this guise. I think it's too successful a model to stop entirely.

Aw jeez....Aluminium? Seriously?
That'll do wonders for durability. Not to mention the counterfeiters will have a field day. They'll probably price them the same as the old x-metals, too.
I'm optimistic that some sort of titanium alloy will return. It's what made the x-metals something special. The composition and manufacturing process may change, but as long as it's comparable to the previous line in terms of strength and weight, I'd be happy.

Latest Posts

Back