• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Info On The Current State Of X-metal?

I heard from my contact at headquarters that they are coming back with some new trick metal that they haven't used a lot before. He said it won't be aluminum or carbon fiber, and definitely not magnesium again!

As much as we all love X-Metals if the come back identical to previously made ( Titanium and all) then it may drive the prices back down and some of us will have grossly overpaid.

I think it will, however the only attribute that will return in the future line would be the name... Likely made of inferior materials and mass produced.

Aw jeez....Aluminium? Seriously?
That'll do wonders for durability. Not to mention the counterfeiters will have a field day. They'll probably price them the same as the old x-metals, too.
I'm optimistic that some sort of titanium alloy will return. It's what made the x-metals something special. The composition and manufacturing process may change, but as long as it's comparable to the previous line in terms of strength and weight, I'd be happy.
if the jupiter factory lite/ jupiter carbon is anythign to go by, they'll charge MORE money for an INFERIOR product.

this year is gonna be a dark year for Oakley. all these new models coming out look shonky as ****.

Similar to what others have said, Oakley customer service seems to think that "something" x metal related is coming in 2014.

Latest Posts

Back