• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any News On Upcoming Frogskins Releases?

jk-27

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
For the past year generally there's been nothing to get excited about Frogskins wise. I wasn't fussed about the Acid series, I wasn't fussed about the Blacklight series (which let's be honest were just matte Acids), I wasn't fussed about the Deuce Coupe (Acid Green), and I'm not fussed about the Acid Tortoise.

I'm hoping Oakley have now run the Acid colour series dry and will be forced to do something new. They've re-released White and Clear frames already, the Rootbeer and Black frames are a given, and the Koston tortoise is coming but, for the mass produced releases, does any one have any info on where the Frogskins go from here? Or any info on some collab designs? Something? Anything?

i hear rumours abt possible collab pairs, but everything is being spoken abt in hushed tones. so i don't have any confirmation whatsoever. just rumours.

I'll take rumours right now, other wise I have nothing to look forward to, there's no pairs I'm looking to buy over the summer at the moment.

I called Primitive Shoes and they said its not set in stone, but they are definitely working on another pair of frog skins. Thats all i got from them.

that's something i have heard abt since mid of last year. so fingers crossed it may happen soon. =)

Fingers crossed they're cheaper than the first round. I'm glad I have my pair but I still can't believe I paid . . . what was it, $275 retail? :)

I wish they would cut the Frogskins off and let them die. They're supposed to be a limited item but they pump the market with a hundred different varieties. If they're Frogskins that anyone has heard of, they're barely worth having.

I wish they would cut the Frogskins off and let them die. They're supposed to be a limited item but they pump the market with a hundred different varieties. If they're Frogskins that anyone has heard of, they're barely worth having.

No offense but if you have that harsh of an opinion then don't post. This is a forum for people who love Oakley. And just because some releases are not worth as much as others doesn't mean they should not make them. If Oakley kept that philiosphy they would have stopped making half jackets and flak jackets years ago. Just because I'm. It a huge fan of x-metals doesn't cause me to go and post in the x-metal area and say they need to stop selling them because there are not enough color variations or because I have a common pair and they are now worth less than retail.

The different varieties are what makes frogskins, frogskins.

Admins if you have a problem with this post about me calling someone out in the frogskins areas for bashing on frogskins then I apologize and you can delete this post. But that comment was not called for in any way.

everyone's entitled to their own opinions that's for sure, it's just how it's put across to others.

and just to clarify to the points brought up a couple of posts above, yes, Frogs were marketed as limited in the beginning, but for the re-releases, they were not listed as such. can you really blame a company, for selling a popular frame, to cash in and make profits? not really i guess. and if Frogskins models/editions people have heard of, aren't worth having, then i guess Fragments Design pairs, Andrew Pettersons and perhaps even the Shaun White blue chrome aren't worth having? everyone's heard of them, limited releases/rare for sure, and i'll bet everyone who love the Frogskins will want a pair perhaps?

with that said, to each his own. that's the bottomline, it's just how the message is delivered across to others, that's the important thing. =)

let's get this thread back on track, and let whoever has some info abt the new collabs chime in.

No offense but if you have that harsh of an opinion then don't post. This is a forum for people who love Oakley. And just because some releases are not worth as much as others doesn't mean they should not make them. If Oakley kept that philiosphy they would have stopped making half jackets and flak jackets years ago. Just because I'm. It a huge fan of x-metals doesn't cause me to go and post in the x-metal area and say they need to stop selling them because there are not enough color variations or because I have a common pair and they are now worth less than retail.

The different varieties are what makes frogskins, frogskins.

everyone's entitled to their own opinions that's for sure, it's just how it's put across to others.

and just to clarify to the points brought up a couple of posts above, yes, Frogs were marketed as limited in the beginning, but for the re-releases, they were not listed as such. can you really blame a company, for selling a popular frame, to cash in and make profits? not really i guess. and if Frogskins models/editions people have heard of, aren't worth having, then i guess Fragments Design pairs, Andrew Pettersons and perhaps even the Shaun White blue chrome aren't worth having? everyone's heard of them, limited releases/rare for sure, and i'll bet everyone who love the Frogskins will want a pair perhaps?

with that said, to each his own. that's the bottomline, it's just how the message is delivered across to others, that's the important thing. =)

let's get this thread back on track, and let whoever has some info abt the new collabs chime in.

I don't think Jim was ever about cashing in (even though he did in a megalodon fashion), especially with things like OTT and Medusa. Frogskins, although the ultra-limited models like Blends and Pettersens are still very worth having, seem more like a cash cow than a product that the original Oakley would have produced. Frogskins came back out in 2007, the same year Luxottica announced a merge. I would like to see Frogskins phased out and brought back for single-model runs available to genpop rather than the plethora that come to market at once.

Back