• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any other fans of the Timberland 6 inch boot?

Those all black shinny leatherJapan exclusive are killer, and at £39, wow. I haven't seen those here. I'm not a collector but am a fan of these boots. I've owned Timberlands since my college years, but 1 pair at a time, and I wear them until the things collapse. Stocked about the navy ones I found. Gonna search for those black ones, although our outlets here sell at full price, go figure.
The other difference is that the European outlets typically sell old stock, not lower quality items specifically made for the outlets as happens in some US ones.

I'm thinking of going to the nearest outlet to me on Monday, I can have a look for you if you like? Even once you add shipping costs, it might still be cheaper than you can find in the US.

Those all black shinny leatherJapan exclusive are killer, and at £39, wow. I haven't seen those here. I'm not a collector but am a fan of these boots. I've owned Timberlands since my college years, but 1 pair at a time, and I wear them until the things collapse. Stocked about the navy ones I found. Gonna search for those black ones, although our outlets here sell at full price, go figure.
Stocked about navy ones,hey ??:D:lol:

The other difference is that the European outlets typically sell old stock, not lower quality items specifically made for the outlets as happens in some US ones.

I'm thinking of going to the nearest outlet to me on Monday, I can have a look for you if you like? Even once you add shipping costs, it might still be cheaper than you can find in the US.
A few of the ones by me have nicer higher end ones that get thru buying closeouts from stores or last season models.. The only down side is somtimes there is no box for them.The funny thing is they get them,but thow away boxes for space saving as they put them on shoe racks. I know Marshells buys dicks sporting goods clothing. I only know this do to they left dicks tags on there stuff once in a while lol. Marshells is cool thow because they will have shoes from 2-6 six years ago brand new. I gotten rare nikes and other shoes from them before..A few times I have gotten higher end jordans, limited ones and Lebrons complete wIth boxes 29-75 bucks some were 225-300 retail. The only problem that stuff goes fast. Sneaker heads are fierce.

Last edited:
The Outlet here is really nice, and they sell last season's special edition for $80, but not of my liking. Hadn't thought of Marshalls so I'll try it out. I don't collect these, so don't really care about boxes.

Question to both @Carrera1963 and @dingo ate my baby , how can I spot the fake ones? What to look for on real and/or fakes?
Thx

1) Check the model reference inside the boot matches what it looks like. I saw a convincing pair recently in black, that had 10061 - all well and good, except that the 10061 is the classic yellow boot.
2) If the box is present (and not a Limited pair), is it olive drab in colour? If brown, that's either an old pair or a fake (see pic below). If it's mid-green with a woodland image on the lid, walk away without a second glance.
3) Is the midsole a uniform thickness all round and notably thinner than the outsole at the front treads? If not, then it's possibly a fake.
4) If the packaging is present, is there a folded card with it (see pic below)? The original boots never come with this, I have no idea why the fakers continue to add it, as if it's more convincing.
5) Four rows of stitching around the heel insert and uppers, two around the collar, one down the side of the laces. Does the stitching colour match the reference, is it fairly even (genuine factory boots can have a bit of variability, but the lines should never cross for instance)?
6) Are the laces sealed at the end? Do they match the reference (some pairs come with two lace options)?
7) Are the tread edges clean and crisp? Are the registered trademark signs on the sole clear and distinct?
8) Is the lace hardware hexagonal and metal? If not a limited pair, does it match one of the available colours (you can check on the Design Your Own page)?

Men%27s%20Timberland%20Wheat%20White%206-inch%20Boot.jpg

For avoidance of all doubt, the pair pictured above ARE fake and I only show them as an example of what to look out for.

Last edited:
I just went to a Timberland Outlet in NY just to see what @Carrera1963 gets out of these ...

I guess I'd have to try em on to really get a feel for em ... I saw a nice dark red leather pair ... and the traditional black and beige ... they're about 100$ USD for factory 'imperfects' ...

Back