• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Pics Of Original Doublewide Lights?

davem

Oakley Beginner
I'm hoping someone could post a few pics of the original light set up on a doublewide? Pics from the bottom & top would be great. I am thinking of using LED's, maybe ikea or wire up my own, but am also looking into maybe setting it up like some of them were made originally.
Also, what lights ( watts/type ) would be very helpful.

I'll post some pics as it progresses.

Thanks

I think there was two versions, the sunburst cut out of the aluminum, and the version with incandescent bulbs and white plexi shield.

I'm thinking of doing something that is more like the one that has the aluminum cut out, I can get that made up, but not sure of what lighting to use and how it all looks on top.

Ive got one but I forgot to take a pic.... in an old thread there is a pic of it laying in the bed of my truck and you can see the light from the bottom, not much, just the panel.

Thanks GRF
Ahhh crap!! I only scrolled down enough to see your first post, then searched through all your threads and found it. Came back and saw the second one, lol
These are halogen? Any idea of the wattage? I can get a piece of aluminum cut to match, the only concern I have is the heat they give off. That makes me want to go with led's, I have a few days off so I am going to look into this a bit more. I think Ikea has some INREDA led spotlights which may be cool on top, and then some strips down the front, vertically.

Back