• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Surprised I haven't seen more adidas in here.
Oops, sorry, didn't post them in this thread lol

IMG_2215.JPG

@Ventruck what do you think about the Black Cat 13's??? I have an early access to Nike+ but im on a fence on getting them or not......

Initially eye-ing them because you can't lose with all-black. But every reason that's keeping me away:
-Suede and the glossy midsole are kinda weak
-The Black Toe, Flint, and Playoff 13's are supposedly dropping this year so I'd rather spend on those.
-Royal Foams and the Take Flight/"Undefeated" 8's are dropping this month, and I'd rather have those. As it is, I really should be spending on just one (which would be the 8) but I might hate myself if I miss out on the Royals out of all Foams to ever exist.

In your situation, if you already got some dope 13's, and the Royal Foams, and the money, this doesn't hurt. Like if there was a pick up game after a funeral, you're set.

Initially eye-ing them because you can't lose with all-black. But every reason that's keeping me away:
-Suede and the glossy midsole are kinda weak
-The Black Toe, Flint, and Playoff 13's are supposedly dropping this year so I'd rather spend on those.
-Royal Foams and the Take Flight/"Undefeated" 8's are dropping this month, and I'd rather have those. As it is, I really should be spending on just one (which would be the 8) but I might hate myself if I miss out on the Royals out of all Foams to ever exist.

In your situation, if you already got some dope 13's, and the Royal Foams, and the money, this doesn't hurt. Like if there was a pick up game after a funeral, you're set.
Im eye-ing on the Bred 13's because thats my 1st jordan i own when i was in college and next is the flints but the chance of copping them is hard as they were the one's that sneakerheads are waiting for this year, im also liking the undfeated 8 though and the jordan 4 royalty, i like the black & gold combo

If a local store still had these after work, I'd get them....and well, 1997* time warp on deck. Q-truck mode, etc etc.

20170120_175132.jpg

Decided to go half-size down on these after finding that once my other Maroon pair's cushion and upper broke in, I recover some length anyway. Out the box my toes aren't jamming, but it's damn close atm. Can't wait for the break-in, because I can have more options with lacing and I legit have no heel slip. It wasn't a major issue with my TTS pair, but it relied on the lacing. Going half-size down feels very 1-to-1 to me, and in some ways more comfortable..
20170120_174121.jpg

20170120_174410.jpg

20170120_174452.jpg

20170120_174527.jpg

Visible Zoom units as insurance that Nike didn't take a short cut like they did with a few other retro pairs recently. Such a sleazy practice. These cost way too much for them to try that crap here. However, the soles are likely gonna yellow in the old-fashioned way because Nike can't seem ever to figure this s*** out.

Really didn't need this pair despite the nicer fit, and I already got a Foamposite just a few months ago, but it's pretty much the quintessential colorway — like getting a Ferrari in Red. *Despite this being a 20th Anniversary release, it is off from the OG pair as with more recent retros in terms of some details, shape and hue. I'm not too critical of it. More into the nostalgia in how the the pair was kinda sitting when it debuted in 1997, and then surged in hype as a retro model in like 2007. In 1997, I was still probably on my first pair of Nike's ever (aside from infant pairs). Believe it was these:

cb99e282ac2f30302f732f4d5449774d4667784e6a41772f7a2f474e4d41414f5377394e6458763774442fc39f.jpg

Flight Turbulence that actually released in 1996. I mainly remember my pair having that colorway with the gold swoosh in the navy bubble thing, and I was pooped I couldn't have a pair with a prominent clear air bubble. I mean I really didn't know my pairs for s*** since I was like 6-7 y.o, let alone a Foamposite, but that was Nike's standout feature.

didn't realize foams were still a thing outside of DC. I remember when the Galaxys released and it was foam pandemonium. Then the riots in NYC for the supreme foams lmao. then as quick as they blew up they kinda just fizzled out again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didn't realize foams were still a thing outside of DC. I remember when the Galaxys released and it was foam pandemonium. Then the riots in NYC for the supreme foams lmao. then as quick as they blew up they kinda just fizzled out again

Yeah, I still see Foams in the South.

It is crazy. How I see it is...

Debut: the people who liked them were still like kids, or at least not at a point where they conveniently had $180 to drop. People who could afford them just were plainly from an earlier generation.

~2007 Retro: Those same people that wanted them, could now get them. Most pairs were a PITA to get, as with all those Jordan Retro drops. I wasn't at that point where I could afford a pair, let alone would walk the streets in them knowing how in-demand they were. For a while I was turned off by how much Nike milked the colorways which a lot of ugly prints.

And then now: Nike's making enough of the desirable colorways for most people to get if they try. My first pair was like "well, man...I could just get it" in-store and all. Ended up liking it. Hype and rarity dying down just lets me enjoy them.

Back