• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Copped my dream shoes lol, finally after all these years. While I was in school way back then, I asked my mom to buy me the "New Jordan's with the shiny bottom". Well she purchased the 11's IE instead!! That was the closest of me owning these 11 Bred's, which was 1996 I believe.

Yeah. I mean in hindsight, a kid should be very grateful if their parents bought them $150+ shoes that they'd likely grow out of; but this is why we go after this stuff. Everyone chases stuff they couldn't have before.

Congrats. Bred Jordan 11's are an arm and a leg in my size but I'd love one to wear around because I know the sole won't radically discolor like the Space Jams.

My opinions on Jordan's are always subject to change, 11-14 are my favorite retro's. 11's and 12's were very well-designed, and maybe more so the 12 of the two. It's so robust. There really isn't a weak point other than the top loops if you got a dud pair Even if there was a rising sun inspiration, it was still a no-nonsense design. Protected shank and long lace row with a thick collar. It's just a matter of breaking it in. The 11 is arguably more pleasant to start and has a more maneuverable tooling setup. I'm just not big on the quick lacing system (that can fail sooner than regular eyelets), the tongue is low enough you could accidentally tie above it, and the patent creasing is a tragedy. The 12 looks more natural when worn in, but I guess the 11 looks better in most people's eyes when fresh out the box because there's more to it with the mix of materials.

The 13 and 14 sorta got sucked into their respective themes/inspiration, though I hard the 13 plays well. The 14 I have is so-so. I think it's dumb that the front fangs or whatever are subject to peeling off sooner than the rest of the shoe wearing out. Lace row is arguably too narrow on my retro and the collar is stiff at the Achilles. Mid-to-rear is generally stiff. It just looks nice and has a decent forefoot to work with imo. The shape of the insole is amazing, though.

Yeah. I mean in hindsight, a kid should be very grateful if their parents bought them $150+ shoes that they'd likely grow out of; but this is why we go after this stuff. Everyone chases stuff they couldn't have before.

Congrats. Bred Jordan 11's are an arm and a leg in my size but I'd love one to wear around because I know the sole won't radically discolor like the Space Jams.

My opinions on Jordan's are always subject to change, 11-14 are my favorite retro's. 11's and 12's were very well-designed, and maybe more so the 12 of the two. It's so robust. There really isn't a weak point other than the top loops if you got a dud pair Even if there was a rising sun inspiration, it was still a no-nonsense design. Protected shank and long lace row with a thick collar. It's just a matter of breaking it in. The 11 is arguably more pleasant to start and has a more maneuverable tooling setup. I'm just not big on the quick lacing system (that can fail sooner than regular eyelets), the tongue is low enough you could accidentally tie above it, and the patent creasing is a tragedy. The 12 looks more natural when worn in, but I guess the 11 looks better in most people's eyes when fresh out the box because there's more to it with the mix of materials.

The 13 and 14 sorta got sucked into their respective themes/inspiration, though I hard the 13 plays well. The 14 I have is so-so. I think it's dumb that the front fangs or whatever are subject to peeling off sooner than the rest of the shoe wearing out. Lace row is arguably too narrow on my retro and the collar is stiff at the Achilles. Mid-to-rear is generally stiff. It just looks nice and has a decent forefoot to work with imo. The shape of the insole is amazing, though.

That's why we collect things because we didnt get them when they 1st released same thing goes with oakley's that's why we are all here. My 1st jordans was the Bred 13's when they 1st came out in 1997 and im already in college so i have enough savings to buy them, its the same thing with toys, im buying voltes V, voltron, optimus prime etc.....because those are the toys of our generation that we couldnt afford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, @ducatiti!!!!

@Ventruck @V2oak: points taken. This sneaker thing didn't hit me until relatively recently. Growing up, it was a treat to get any kind of name brand shoe. There was this one time she wanted to get me some expensive Nike, no questions asked, but I hated the style she picked (the shoe pictured, but it was black, white and blue)
ZoomNike.jpg

Hindsight is 20/20... I would have copped this as an adult lol. Hell, in high school, I was amped up when I bought my first pair on Air Force 1's in a black/white/sky blue colorway. Got them for $60 way back then. I didn't own any J's until a few years back (those 6-17-23 that I posted a few pages back)... I HATE the pricing on the popular pairs, but the cheaper ones don't inspire anything either... kinda like the Oakley lol. The Foams are the first pair of Nikes that I've paid major cash for ever...most of them I buy are $100 or less.

Congrats, @ducatiti!!!!

@Ventruck @V2oak: points taken. This sneaker thing didn't hit me until relatively recently. Growing up, it was a treat to get any kind of name brand shoe. There was this one time she wanted to get me some expensive Nike, no questions asked, but I hated the style she picked (the shoe pictured, but it was black, white and blue)View attachment 316380

Hindsight is 20/20... I would have copped this as an adult lol. Hell, in high school, I was amped up when I bought my first pair on Air Force 1's in a black/white/sky blue colorway. Got them for $60 way back then. I didn't own any J's until a few years back (those 6-17-23 that I posted a few pages back)... I HATE the pricing on the popular pairs, but the cheaper ones don't inspire anything either... kinda like the Oakley lol. The Foams are the first pair of Nikes that I've paid major cash for ever...most of them I buy are $100 or less.
Those kicks are fire Q

I have to say that it is easier than ever to get a nice pair of kicks. Getting kickass LeBron Nike shoes from Ross or Marshall's would have been unheard of a decade or two ago. But now, you can get flagships for almost nothing if the stars align. And one is not forced to shop at Payless for cheap shoes. One of my friends actually paid $23 for these. I'm so damn jealous... Why did I have to have barges for feet lol
fb05bf511ca96055171e99d8367c2e9b.jpg

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
Congrats, @ducatiti!!!!

@Ventruck @V2oak: points taken. This sneaker thing didn't hit me until relatively recently. Growing up, it was a treat to get any kind of name brand shoe. There was this one time she wanted to get me some expensive Nike, no questions asked, but I hated the style she picked (the shoe pictured, but it was black, white and blue)View attachment 316380

Same here LeQ, i always love nike and mostly buying the ones thats nice and cheap pair of nikes from the outlets but then realized that in the long run, i will buy more cheap and unpopular nikes or jordan but doesnt have an impact or value, until someone told me that jordan retros do exist LOL and this guy told me that there is a website to track down the release dates, so Thats where i got hooked up but then im not willing to pay over a $100 for a pair of jordans because i always compare them from buying the same price with gucci or ferragamo (with real premium quality leather) but hey those shoes doesnt have meaning or memories when i was a kid lurking over those cool MJ shoes that my friends and classmates has. Until i realized that life is too short, buy what you want and wear them and feel good about it, i have a good job so why not treat my self for the things that i will enjoy.

Same here LeQ, i always love nike and mostly buying the ones thats nice and cheap pair of nikes from the outlets but then realized that in the long run, i will buy more cheap and unpopular nikes or jordan but doesnt have an impact or value, until someone told me that jordan retros do exist LOL and this guy told me that there is a website to track down the release dates, so Thats where i got hooked up but then im not willing to pay over a $100 for a pair of jordans because i always compare them from buying the same price with gucci or ferragamo (with real premium quality leather) but hey those shoes doesnt have meaning or memories when i was a kid lurking over those cool MJ shoes that my friends and classmates has. Until i realized that life is too short, buy what you want and wear them and feel good about it, i have a good job so why not treat my self for the things that i will enjoy.

I don't mind buying cheap, but they need to be kick ass. The Foams I bought are an example. Yellow is unpopular, but I can make that **** work. But I will not buy those lower priced knock offs... Boring as hell. I may as well enjoy the fruits of my labor... Just go with it. As long as I'm taken care of, whatever.

Sent from Q's Note5

I don't mind buying cheap, but they need to be kick ass. The Foams I bought are an example. Yellow is unpopular, but I can make that **** work. But I will not buy those lower priced knock offs... Boring as hell. I may as well enjoy the fruits of my labor... Just go with it. As long as I'm taken care of, whatever.

Sent from Q's Note5

Agreed, cheap but flame A$$ MF, who doesnt want steal price?! I have a few $49-60 jordan brand but i already gave them away to my nephews because i always wear my retros.

Back