• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Agreed, cheap but flame A$$ MF, who doesnt want steal price?! I have a few $49-60 jordan brand but i already gave them away to my nephews because i always wear my retros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind was blown when I first saw J's in that price range... But then I realized the brand wants the money. And they do look ugly in that price range. Maybe I'm more of a snob than I realized. Lol... But I'd rather get a Nike branded shoe in that price range vs a J.

Sent from Q's Note5

Congrats, @ducatiti!!!!

@Ventruck @V2oak: points taken. This sneaker thing didn't hit me until relatively recently. Growing up, it was a treat to get any kind of name brand shoe. There was this one time she wanted to get me some expensive Nike, no questions asked, but I hated the style she picked (the shoe pictured, but it was black, white and blue)View attachment 316380

Hindsight is 20/20... I would have copped this as an adult lol. Hell, in high school, I was amped up when I bought my first pair on Air Force 1's in a black/white/sky blue colorway. Got them for $60 way back then. I didn't own any J's until a few years back (those 6-17-23 that I posted a few pages back)... I HATE the pricing on the popular pairs, but the cheaper ones don't inspire anything either... kinda like the Oakley lol. The Foams are the first pair of Nikes that I've paid major cash for ever...most of them I buy are $100 or less.

Think you mentioned those before. You could likely hunt down a deadstock pair because they retro'd maybe just 3-4 years go. The 95-97 era (which is also when we saw Foams and the recently discussed Jordan 11/12) of decorative jewel bubble things was cool. There's that, and the Zoom Hawk Flight. Jason Kidd was front running a lot of cool non-sig pairs.

On the subject I've repeatedly been on about, and @V2oak just mentioned, material spending boils more towards what you actually want. General consumerism buys into fast fashion or clearly misguided spending. There is such a thing as going as hard as you can with a budget or purpose, though. When I was doing my shopping at the Adidas Tent Sales, it was Rose, Kobe, or bust. Even if everything was no more than $40, I wanted to make sure I bought something I wanted vs. buying something because it's cheap.

On another note, your friend has small ass feet. Lucky ass find though.

Think you mentioned those before. You could likely hunt down a deadstock pair because they retro'd maybe just 3-4 years go. The 95-97 era (which is also when we saw Foams and the recently discussed Jordan 11/12) of decorative jewel bubble things was cool. There's that, and the Zoom Hawk Flight. Jason Kidd was front running a lot of cool non-sig pairs.

On the subject I've repeatedly been on about, and @V2oak just mentioned, material spending boils more towards what you actually want. General consumerism buys into fast fashion or clearly misguided spending. There is such a thing as going as hard as you can with a budget or purpose, though. When I was doing my shopping at the Adidas Tent Sales, it was Rose, Kobe, or bust. Even if everything was no more than $40, I wanted to make sure I bought something I wanted vs. buying something because it's cheap.

On another note, your friend has small ass feet. Lucky ass find though.

I did. I keep seeing different colors vs the one that I originally saw as a kid. I posted a gray/purple pair on here when I went to Tampa or Orlando.

Yeah, buddy is like 5’7” with baby feet lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Yeah I'm not into Yeezy's either, but would attack if I had the open window. I'm also wondering how this...happened.

Yeah I'm not into Yeezy's either, but would attack if I had the open window. I'm also wondering how this...happened.

I will buy if this is below $120 but for a $220 retail price? Damn im not paying that amount because of the hype.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And some 20/20 yesterday.

I tried using my F&F at the Factory Store (yeah, not an outlet so I already couldn't hope for much), left with nothing. Saw the Colbalt Foam Pro's wondering if they were some discounted dead stock (it's been how many months already?). Sheesh. Still asking retail. They would be utterly redundant to my Royals, but I also saw a dude wearing a pair on the street, and tbh they look way better when worn. I kinda wish I went for those instead of the Royals.

I know people take some kick ass photos, but these kicks got me thirsty. Lol.

8b34255b9571243f1aefafa363067c71.jpg

Sent from Q's Note5

Back