• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

@QLR1 , you have some Foamdomes right? Mind posting pics and thoughts about them?

On sale at Foot Action for around $150 @ Foot Action with coupon, $160 @ Nike with coupon. Eggplant color way is really tempting!

Would like to hear @V2oak 's opinion too..

@QLR1 , you have some Foamdomes right? Mind posting pics and thoughts about them?

On sale at Foot Action for around $150 @ Foot Action with coupon, $160 @ Nike with coupon. Eggplant color way is really tempting!

Would like to hear @V2oak 's opinion too..
I have a Foamposite One, not a Foamdome. The Maroon and Optic Yellow Foamposite One are marked down to $200 and $206, respectively and before coupon. $160 final price isn't a bad price for the Foamposite One.

Sent from Q's Note5

Last edited:
It's always gotta be the 1
19a8484282e78b5839226b976b62999e.jpg

d7e444f9542e5d3d1d15e0d07c3074b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be the quickest price drop for Jordan Brand ever. A few weeks ago when initially released, these were retailed at $220. Now, these can be purchased for $139 at Finishline. $10 coupon is even available for all. Local Sheikh over here has it priced similarly $189 less 25%.

For those who don't have a 6 in their collection, this is a great price!!

Edit: MSRP was $225.00

E13DC796-8306-487F-903D-1FF9ECCB7300_zpsq0fghotd.jpg

686ACAB0-57FE-4496-977E-250FDE534E17_zpsv4kvek8h.jpg

Last edited:
This might be the quickest price drop for Jordan Brand ever. A few weeks ago when initially released, these were retailed at $220. Now, these can be purchased for $139 at Finishline. $10 coupon is even available for all. Local Sheikh over here has it priced similarly $189 less 25%.

For those who don't have a 6 in their collection, this is a great price!!

E13DC796-8306-487F-903D-1FF9ECCB7300_zpsq0fghotd.jpg

686ACAB0-57FE-4496-977E-250FDE534E17_zpsv4kvek8h.jpg

Almost pulled the trigger yesterday. I think big reason why Nike dropped the price so quick is because the design of this shoe took a late change when ASW moved back to NOLA, and so they likely did some shortcut in production to make that adjustment which would therefore still yield reasonable gains with discount. It still has the honeycomb design on the back which was a nod to the original Charlotte host. I'm not trying to hate on the shoe at all — it's still cool in its own right — but I'm almost certain they had a more elaborate design originally and had to opt for just hitting the entire upper with the iridescent paint to meet production deadlines. The Black Cat and Alternates are way nicer to the touch, and cost less. For what this pair is, it's still impressive assuming the circumstances to how it came about. It just wasn't $225 worth.

$140-$150 is a crazy deal. Despite my assumptions about the price drop, I like the shoe. Just have another pick up on the way and I'd be getting these mainly because of the price, not because I was totally anticipating the shoe in the first place.

Almost pulled the trigger yesterday. I think big reason why Nike dropped the price so quick is because the design of this shoe took a late change when ASW moved back to NOLA, and so they likely did some shortcut in production to make that adjustment which would therefore still yield reasonable gains with discount. It still has the honeycomb design on the back which was a nod to the original Charlotte host. I'm not trying to hate on the shoe at all — it's still cool in its own right — but I'm almost certain they had a more elaborate design originally and had to opt for just hitting the entire upper with the iridescent paint to meet production deadlines. The Black Cat and Alternates are way nicer to the touch, and cost less. For what this pair is, it's still impressive assuming the circumstances to how it came about. It just wasn't $225 worth.

$140-$150 is a crazy deal. Despite my assumptions about the price drop, I like the shoe. Just have another pick up on the way and I'd be getting these mainly because of the price, not because I was totally anticipating the shoe in the first place.

Great analysis. Totally makes sense. I just couldn't pass no matter what the circumstance is. Great price as a Jordan beater for me. I was telling @V2oak , I haven't worn any of my Jordan's yet but this would definitely the first one to be Un DS'ed :)

Are you saying that the iridescent paint was done last minute since the venue was changed to New Orleans? Actually, it actually make sense with the Hornet's theme with the final colors on the shoe right, green and all? What do you think the original color was supposed to be?

Thanks for your input.

Are you saying that the iridescent paint was done last minute since the venue was changed to New Orleans? Actually, it actually make sense with the Hornet's theme with the final colors on the shoe right?

Basically. So consumers became the beneficiary of that. I mean I don't have sure fire proof (like right out of a Nike employee's mouth), but see it this way:

The plans (color codes, dates, serial) to release the Space Jam 11 in December 2016 were leaked end of Feb 2016 based off the NikeTalk thread. Some sneaker sites already put out speculation from twitter leaks in January that year. I believe that 11/12-month time frame repeated itself this year for the speculated 11 Holiday 2017 AJ11's. On top of such a time frame, Nike surely had to take some extra time to make a decision and assign the production details before they leaked — so let's say it takes a little over a year to put a shoe on shelves. I don't know if every retro has such a lead time, but it wouldn't be crazy to think so in the general scope of product design,. Any "new model" of anything takes at least a year.

Consider that the NBA decided to move ASW to NOLA upon the whole "bathroom bill" situation in Charlotte on August 19, 2016. Nike only had like 6 months to come up with a change and meet production volume for ASW. That's like half the time compared to the Space Jam 11. Sure enough they had the production line ready for a 6 in general, but not the design and the exact tooling to produce the specific colorway and materials combo (if they had different materials planned originally).

Back