• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Also, as an off-note, ASW this year was insanely disappointing. Only person who was legit trying to save it was Aaron Gordon to get the dunk contest win he deserved has he not been injured. It doesn't mean the Retro 6 therefore sucks or something, but the event itself did nothing to help the hype. I don't think any player wore these. On top of that, a lot of players were still wearing BHM pairs (as in, Nike themselves didn't really prepare for the change in venue).

Another factor was the releases going on outside of ASG. The Vachetta Tan line drew hype, and people were going broke over the CNY+LeBron Retro+OVO+Yeezy drops happening at almost the same time Again, these 6's aren't bad at all, but in the order of trying to get things, those pairs had more allure and anticipation. $225 wasn't not helping draw anyone in.

The Retro 1's fared better I guess because prominent releases of 1's generally go harder than the 6's.

Thanks to the gift from @zwc0442, my playoffs are offset for brighter warm weather colors.
20170323_022605.jpg

Acted on these over the weekend. DS under retail. Class of '97 Pack (or He Got Game pack if you must) released late 2015. Whole point of this pack really was to pay homage to when Nike was pushing Zoom as their performance cushion. Comes with both the White Foam Pro and Zoom Hawk Flight by Eric Avar.

20170323_180115.jpg

20170323_180228_HDR.jpg

20170323_180553.jpg
20170323_180742.jpg

Goes without saying that I'm passing on the upcoming Coppers, and those look insane...but my bucket list for Foams was Pro's, get more white in the rotation (Foams are presumably easier to keep clean). The whole dispute that these aren't real Pearls works for me because zero craps for sentimental collectors' worth on this one. I've heard that this might get darker with age like the OG but only time will tell. This is like the AJ Take Flight 8. I really wanted those to wear them, and that's the same case here. I really like how the Foamposite silhouette and pattern is kinda "washed out" by a neutral color, and the swoosh prevails past it to make it stand apart from the typical metallic finishes. I could really see myself wearing these down.

20170323_180659.jpg

20170323_180940.jpg

As far as perceptions go vs. regular Foamposite Ones, I immediately noticed the insole being a tad thicker, with a softer texture and compound overall. I don't know if that's rule of thumb or just this particular pair. Things seem to be the same otherwise. I'm sure the outsole would feel like a bit of an upgrade if I was playing.

The Zoom Hawk Flight on the other hand is a nostalgia trip. I wouldn't say sentimental because I never had much lust or attachment for this particular shoe, but I remember when I was getting my first pair of Nike sneakers (again, the Turbulence's), and the metallic/jewel pieces and Zoom Air emblems were on flagship non-signature shoes in this era. Jason Kidd's Zoom Flight V, the older '95, the Turf Jets that Q mentioned before. That was pretty much the "don't look at that shelf; no chance in hell are you getting any of those" stuff for me and presumably a bunch of other kids.

20170323_180621.jpg

20170323_180923.jpg

This shoe's upper wasn't recreated perfectly as I've found out from owners of this pack way before me (kinda like how Nike BS'ed a lot of 90's retros), but the CF shank and Zoom cushion is there. It pretty much is a tweak from the Foamposite Pro. I'm not breaking it in ASAP (ironically kinda plan to baby it), but these things feel light on-foot.

Both pairs def pass the smell test @QLR1. None of my retro Jordan pairs can capture that 90's synthetic and glue smell.

20170323_180940.jpg

Back