• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Small measure today. Swapped black laces onto my Rose 4.5 so it blends into the tongue. As crude as fuse material feels, these clean up so easily. Creases aside, I love how these have been holding up as beaters.
20170415_144233.jpg

I'm not big on the colorway or cut, but if you're into it, by all means grab it in the meantime because it's likely going to be hard to find at retail

No offense to anyone who owns an AD, but Nike was kinda hosing people with the tooling. The Zoom unit is misrepresented, where in reality it's a top-loaded, smaller bag than the outside would imply — and it's surrounded by what I've heard to be a poor rendition of Lunarlon. I'd assume the pro-issue PE models have custom tooling when requested. I don't know why they departed from the drop-in setup when it could've saved them money, and they brought it back anyway with the NXT version of this shoe anyway.

Also don't know why they made a simple no-no such as having the TPU heel counter running all the way down to the outsole. Shame because the shoe looks really good — of the best in the Kobe line. The NXT version sounds promising, though. Just looks kinda weird.
The NXT version is ugly as sin lol!
I agree with you on many aspects you pointed out. I almost jumped on it just because of the colorway and connection to DDeR. I really liked the XI Elite Kobe with the drop in. I don't think they hold up well, but they are for ball first!
Anyway, congrats @ducatiti on the AJ XI pickups. Very cool collection going there.

D.Rose 5 "Superstar" released for the 2015 All-Star game.
rose 5-3.jpg

Name nods tribute to the Adidas Superstar itself, as it incorporates the shell toe design. This pair also came with lace jewels in tribute to the Run DMC 25th anniversary (which was actually in 2011; featured on a more dedicated Superstar model). Nice peices of metal, but I did without them. Can't pull those off. Evident aesthetic defects because I guess Shoebacca is literally the end of the line in trying to liquidate shoes. These were supplied with the tags/box/jewels and all, but no stuffing. Also, I had to straight up pull out the ironing board, pull the iron, and iron the damn laces. Whatevs. Got these as beaters as a beater price. The general off-white base color was up my alley because I thought it'd age nicely.

rose 5-2.jpg

rose 5-1.jpg

rose 5.jpg

Snakeskin overlay is thin, over what feels like Adidas go-to synthetic nubuck/suede like on the Rose 6 Lux — so it's softer than it looks. Same with the rubber/synthetic frame that goes along the upper. The ankle pods and heel counter are rigid TPU, though.

Proper in-between of the Rose 4 and 6 as lineage would suggest. Collar wasn't marketed as Geo-Fit like the 4, but it wraps very similarly. Anatomical lace rows are like the 4 (or rather, 4.5), and the forefoot feels low like the 4/4.5. It starts to set the stage for the 6 with the Boost, and slightly thicker build at the heel. Boost itself is meh, as this was the first time Adidas was trying to use Boost in bball shoes. Adidas started supplying thinner insoles at this point.

rose 5-4.jpg

It overall is a slightly more cushioned and heavier 4. I believe I said similar of the 7, but that doesn't feel heavier, and the cushion is better for sure. That's a flat-out better performance pair period. The 6 in comparison to the 5 doesn't feel too much heavier or clunky, but wears like a low because of the hidden lace holes. The 5 is perhaps the most fashionable of the Rose line, being pretty streamlined and hiding the branding. Even Y-3 redid this pair. I love how the support overlay runs like a 90's shoe.

Been fun to pick up on this line. Leaks of the upcoming 8 don't look exciting, but seem to return to the simplicity of the 4 and 5 again. If it fits the same, I'm in. When it comes to fit, people complain about the roomy toebox and/or tight heel, but that works perfectly for me.

Space Jams flash restocked on SNKRS
Master 12's restocked at Sheikh

Got L's on both.

I don't know how I could've acted any faster when I literally jumped on the 11's upon receiving the notification from SNKRS with fingerprint confirmation to checkout.

And Sheikh's restock must've been like, one size run because that **** would never load for most people.. By the time it did, gone.

The space jam are all big size 13-18.... tried the 12 master also called them but they only said the their computer is acting up, keep trting to refresh the browser.... after an hour, sold out....
Weds also watching for white yeezy, got no confirmation.... so sad... i am still praying for the answer why He did not give me a pair of yeezy nor the master.....

Got the Westbrooks on SNKR's.

Might run into town and try for a pair, assuming I'll still have the chance to cancel the order by then. Would rather get them sooner than later.

Maybe the Westbrook AJ 31 PE's weren't too hard to get — at least where I'm at. Got another pair in person today, mulling returning the pair I ordered in the morning. On one hand I can freely trash and wear a pair more than usual, but my wallet kinda hates me. Nonetheless, there's an allure to this pair. We pretty much never see a PE with a custom build (AJ 31 with the AJ30 tooling) translate into a public release. This was the design that worked for Russell Westbrook's ridiculous athleticism night in and night out, averaging a triple double for the season. He does have a signature line under Jordan Brand, but it's only a fashion/casual pair. He's otherwise been the face of the mainline Air Jordan model since the 28, and this one's as close to calling it his very own performance signature.

20170429_174636_HDR.jpg

20170429_173449.jpg

I haven't actually picked up a modern Nike/Jordan performance pair in a while showcasing their most recent tech. Latest pairs I got are probably the LeBron 12 and Melo M11, which has similar tooling to this pair. But Flyknit, new collar and perhaps last and lacing setups, these are a step up in detail and quality. I can't really speak on how they directly compare to the AJ 29 and 30, though — as well as the regular version of the 31.

20170429_174032_HDR.jpg

The Flyknit that runs midfoot to collar is tight, but not necessarily stiff. Seems like there is no fuse backing. It's on par with a lot of mesh/knit pairs I own. Only real exception is the Prime Knit on the Adidas Crazy Explosive, which really feels like fabric on feet.

I don't want to bash other AJ 31 releases, but I always hated the feel of the synthetic material they used at the collar. The (durabuck?) "elephant" print kinda hides that feel here.
20170429_173616.jpg

20170429_173604.jpg

Fit is very form-fitting. Dual layer collar (neoprene(?) inside, synthetic outside) reminds me of the Rose 7. The heel pads do seem to push my feet forward, so I'm kinda glad I didn't go half-size down. Big ups to Nike/AJ making internal TPU eyelets at the collar. I haven't looked at enough modern performance shoes, but I feel like that should be a standard. My Harden 1's are getting messed up at the lace holes because it's literally just knit and light fuse.
20170429_173813.jpg

20170429_174156_HDR.jpg

Looking forward to trying these at the local park. At least from my experience, these could be the most performance-detailed pairs of the year along with the Rose 7 — which I'd expect still wins in traction and impact protection at the expense of outsole longevity and response.

And my pair has serious glue odor. Stuff that Q and Frank would call a memorable Friday night.

Back