• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

struck out trying to get the red Jordan XIII golf cleats today. I didn't have enough time to put too much effort into it while I was at work today. if anyone has a lead on a size 13 that's not over $250 let me know. they are already on ebay at like 400 plus a pair. sigh. I heard there is a nike website general release of them tomorrow, but i'm not sure how accurate that is.

Ever wonder if two pairs are so similar that you're not sure you can justify having both?!
View attachment 340495
Kinda similar situation with what I received today. I said I wouldn't in an earlier post, but I'm an idiot. I missed these when they dropped last year, and been butthurt every time I missed a restock.

20170519_180142.jpg

new pickup in front: Foamposite Pro PRM "University Red " — the pair that I thought would be my first Foam
older in back: Foamposite One "Night Maroon" — the pair that ended up being my first foam

314996_610_Lead_Des.jpg

Today's release: Foamposite One "Metallic Red" — the Foam I thought I wanted as my first and totally passed on. *shrug*

20170519_174243.jpg

Got these University Red Pro's from Stock X like my previous White "Class of '97" Pro's. One week turnaround and as close to retail as I could find them. Kinda peeved that the right shoe has a minor defect, but that is the reality that could've happened even if I bought it direct from Nike, and landing a replacement at the same price would seemingly be beyond difficult. Also, whoever owned or handled the shoes needs some damn Head & Shoulders.

20170519_174352.jpg
20170519_174814_HDR.jpg
20170519_174925_HDR.jpg
20170519_175105.jpg

In Stock X's defense, they simply guarantee deadstock and authentication, not 100% mint condition. Between this and the last purchase, I'm virtually even with if I bought it at retail.

20170519_175201.jpg

20170519_174559.jpg

As a PRM variant, it uses a cracked look for the base upper and (synthetic) leather on the eyestays. Color pops in person and the eventual wrinkles will really make this look like a casual Foam. Black outsole is a major win for me in making this my beater. I thought I'd shamelessly wear down my white Pro's, but they're too clean.

Last edited:
NikeLab Zoom Flight 95. Basically, a Zoom Flight 95 with more premium materials. Finer and tumbled nubuck vs.the nubuck/synthetic patent combo of the original.
20170605_180845.jpg

I kinda just bought them on a whim when they dropped, because I did want the Zoom Flight 95 for the "something I never had" nostalgia sake, and these things weren't declared to land in regular stores. I only found out about the release a day before and wondered by chance if they were semi-limited therefore.

nike-941943-002-nikelab-zoom-flight-95-PACK-2-870x580.jpg

(via sneaker4life.com)

Something about the tan "Mushroom" one just felt too casual with the black piping accents and laces. I was strongly considering the pair on the left because I initially thought it was grey, but it's "Pearl Pink", and in different lighting it really was so. Another black shoe for Ventruck.
20170605_181220.jpg

20170605_180934.jpg

The materials are...nice enough. Nike probably let these seriously air out or something before release because you need to take a hard sniff to register the leather. For the $160 it's ok, but like most Nike shoes you could probably catch it for less sooner than later. Biggest letdown is the foam midsole had weak QC, Marks and nicks out the box. Would've liked reinforced eyelets, too, although the material is beefy enough to handle lace tension intended for playing. Probably would've liked this more if these were just straight up leather with some shine, but I bought these for more reasons than the materials.

On the lace/tongue pic below, you can see that the eyestay piping is seemingly hand-cut. 90's charm, That "vacancy" on the tongue is like the regular version of the pair, except that was mesh. Would've liked perforations here. Lace geometry and fit actually reminds me a lot of the Foamposite. Finishes right at the ankle, in between being a mid and low imo.
20170605_181329.jpg

Imo the shoe looks better laced up because it takes on more shape that way and exaggerates the width of the midsole — which is really is wide. Like a centimeter edge-to-edge at the heel over my other shoes. Doesn't sound like much but on-foot you get conscious about making sure the pods don't scuff up. And the base was so bulky because that year, Nike and the league thought Jordan retired for good and so they thought Jason Kidd was going to be the hot s***. Nike/Eric Avar designed the shoe with Kidd's buff ass frame in mind.
20170605_181043.jpg

The wearer's foot sits between those pods and they're going to do all that 1995 sneaker design technology could offer to keep you from sliding off the footbed. For lightweights like me, it's secure as a MF'er. Sure someone like Kidd did a number on his pairs.

Overall it's surely playable. Zoom forefoot and Air heel. It's not as clunky as the Jordan VIII imo, just wide. Materials will break in. Fit isn't sloppy though it could've used some interior padding at the forefoot to avoid chafing. Undoubtedly secure.
20170605_181103.jpg

Wish I wasn't a broke ass when the Flight/Uptempo V's got a retro release a few years ago, because now I'll be waiting on one of those.

20170605_181742.jpg

So Nike is having some issues. A small layoff and restructuring are on order.

But they will kill off 25% of shoe styles. So I'm picturing higher priced kicks and focus on classics... And with Adidas and Under Armour nipping on its heels, Nike had to do something.

Also, they will be more local in select cities. Yay for sneakerheads in NY and LA.

More online sales... Not much surprise for me. Nothing much available locally and deals are online anyway.

Nike will eliminate 1,400 jobs, restructure

Sent from Q's Note5

But they will kill off 25% of shoe styles. So I'm picturing higher priced kicks and focus on classics... And with Adidas and Under Armour nipping on its heels, Nike had to do something.

Also, they will be more local in select cities. Yay for sneakerheads in NY and LA.

More online sales... Not much surprise for me. Nothing much available locally and deals are online anyway.

Sent from Q's Note5
As long as it's profitable for my portfolio:car:

Sent from Q's Note5

I think another part of the equation is that surely a good share of people wanted to work for Nike just for the discount. That probably didn't hurt the company, but in continuing their financial rate of growth, it'd make sense to chop them discounted handouts and possibly replace some people with automated roles. I wouldn't be surprised if customer service takes a hit because customers literally BS about their way for a coupon. If anything, I'd have Nike divert their attention to quality control so customers have less to exploit — basically they have a lot to fix that area.

But yes, the product line has also been far too expansive. I think it's partly due to the brand doing all they could to bank off popularity. Any shoe any consumer's budget and liking to push sales. I don't judge, but sometimes you do see someone wearing Nike just because of Nike. I sometimes have to tell my friends to not buy the literal unknown pair at DSW or whatever discount store because the "premier" pairs already can drop in price fast and low enough. I'd think Nike recognizes this portion of production volume and cost of operation is less effective. There should always be budget shoes, but Nike has so much in-between that doesn't need to exist, and are perhaps an environmental waste altogether.

I wouldn't be surprised if costs/things like this have been the difference in supplying retro pairs with true-to-spec materials. Countless retros have been reintroduced without the Zoom units they were supposed to have, or blatant, low-grade synthetic substitutes.

Cutting jobs sucks, and possibly more expensive shoes really could've ruined it for the kid in me, but on that latter point, I'd rather know my hard-earned money went to a legitimate quality product. I really hope that upside comes to fruition from this restructure.

Back