• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Sneakerheads In The House?

Blue lace swap on the Penny's. Was gonna go black but amazing my mall didn't have any oval ones 45" long. Shade doesn't match perfectly but I kinda like it for now.

Supplied laces were cool and 90's esque, but the 3M texture felt like it could chew up the Flywire eyelets.

20170625_141016.jpg

Damn... The Adidas Ultra Boost is $200?!?!?!?!!? OUCH

Yep, part of it is because it consistently sells well before discounts take place.

In perspective, ~$200 usually can go to either:
A Nike retro (Foam or Jordan, or whatever resale price retro), which caters largely to aesthetic
Ultraboost, which also caters to aesthetic, but also sought for because of its functional worth

I do want to get a caged Ultraboost, and it is a really comfortable shoe, but I don't see myself buying the same volumes as retros.

Late post as i am still affected by the bogus decision in boxing history. Manny Pacquiao has been robbed again for the 2nd time! Its obviously a home cooking Whatever happens Hes still my champ!
228a6e5c0ce90e6eaea8c6933fab6f1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dug these out of the closet and gonna be a nerd about it. Mentioned them probably when I first entered this thread years ago:
Adidas' original Crazy Light (~2010)

I think the one thing that detracts people from getting into sneakers is that it sorta becomes a cool contest. Not so much in terms of prestige, but that playground neighborhood cool kid type of contest, along with whatever pants fit is in style at the time. Adidas was pretty much the non-cool kid selection for basketball. Nike debuted their revamped aesthetic with Flywire, aimed for lighter weight and better fit (Kobe line), marketed ventilation (Hyperfuse), and Adidas wasn't making much of a presence apart from an emerging D.Rose. Dwight Howard had goofy shoes and Gilbert Arenas already had so-so kicks before he was gun slinging. The brand didn't have any distinctive attributes apart from some gems only a few people would be aware of. And so this Crazy Light was created in their then-new AdiZero line, advertised to be the lightest shoe on the market at 9.8 ounces and essentially being an entirely mesh upper you can easily see through.
20170709_161542.jpg

The mesh contributed to weight savings and breathability. Adidas went as far as to make cuts in the tongue and provide a heavily-perforated insole to hit their weight target (but there was an optional "comfort" insole included). Even the heel portion of the shoe has a few holes within the structural layer.
20170709_162240.jpg

Shoe feels pretty....bare when worn as there's hardly any lining past the collar. If you squish the ankle areas of the collar, there's a weird crumpling sound that reveals that there's probably no foam filling the interior space. The Crazy Light mainly fit well because everything was so thin and wrapped like a high top Chuck. Support was achieved via that close fit, stiffer mesh and fuse ("Sprint Web"), and the TPU chassis they dubbed as a "Sprint Frame" — which was a template they used through the D.Rose 5. However, the version in the D.Rose 5 was used in conjunction with softer TPU or rubber and had a separate plate controlling torsion since Boost was incorporated.
20170709_162039.jpg

Traction is a thin blade/herringbone setup, which pretty much got revisited on the current D.Rose 7 because it just works too well by principle. The laces got reinforced eyelets, which I think a lot of brands pointlessly skimp on. By all means a very aggressive design approach although cushion was a compete afterthought since it wasn't a trending thing at the moment. Just some goofy Adiprene in the forefoot.
20170709_162129.jpg

I originally bought this pair at Marshall's for mad discount to replace my Hyperfuse, but after Rose's injury, and a slew of other Adidas-backed players (RG3, a bunch of NBA players) soon after, paranoia kicked in. I've only worn these twice. In terms of playing, they do feel pleasantly-quick, but I had no idea if they'd be messing up my stride in the process.
20170709_162026.jpg

It's crazy (no pun intended) that this was what was attempted to be trending on the market. Fuse materials have only developed heavy distaste over time and cushion has become the more popular subject to become critical of. I mean look at the Crazy Light (Boost) today. They don't even advertise the weight anymore.

adidas-crazy-light-boost-2016-james-harden-usa-release-date.jpg

Pic via SneakerBarDetroit.

Back