• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any Tips on Shaving R1 Lens?

Crash84

Oakley Beginner
Would appreciate any tips. I have a pair of custom cut R1 lens which are just a tad too big for the frame. They fit but its so tight the rubbers can't go in at all. It appears there were minor deviations between the different generation R1s.

In your experience, is there any way I could shave/cut the lens just a tad smaller? For example, Sandpapering the edges? Sending the lens back to the cutter is not an option since I would incur overseas shipping charges and it isn't bothering me enough.

Thanks!

Painter tape on the lenses, then use a nail file or sandpaper. Try to keep it as tight as possible as the lens plays part on the stiffness of the frame. Tiny lens=loose frame.

I had that happen once. I just grabbed sand paper and just hit the edges. 320 grit, worked great. Good luck!!

Yeah, extra fine sandpaper, a careful hand, and frequent test fits as you work it a little at a time. No double entendre intended.

Awesome thanks guys! I'm heading to the hardware shop now and gonna give it a shot with the paint tape and sandpaper

Latest Posts

Back