• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any triatheletes here?

saltparrot

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
La La Land
Got roped into a running a tri through work. Looking forward to it. But really also using it as a good excuse to get some performance Oakleys. Curious if any of you have experience on which frames work best for the running/biking combo.

I've got my eyes on racing jackets - but open to other options if there's a general consensus on the best frames for a tri.

I am an original Radar dinosaur! I've got 12 or so pair and rotate them. Exclusively cycling for me, over a hundred miles per week. None of that running / swimming sh!t you tri guys do...insane!

I agree with @the_owl about rimless....I can have a top rim like the radar (and their Plus and Lock variations) but ABSOLUTELY NO BOTTOM rim for me, sweat seems to collect and spray when I move my head. I tried on the new EV Zero this week and am going to order a pair with the Range prizm road lens (Range is their largest profile lens) online, the store didn't have the frame I wanted in stock. This may be comfortable enough to break into my Radar rotation!

Try out a bunch, you will find one that works and you like!

-

6-years-later.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back