• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Any way to repair Zero sunglasses?

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Pretty long shot, but here goes.

The early zeros are pretty fragile if not handled with TLC.

Anyone know whether cracks can be repaired?

Mine got cracked down the middle.

I'm looking for another pair - see here....

Buying - Zero 0.3 or Zero 0.3 p

Zero 0.3 - 1.jpg
Zero 0.3 Cracked - 1.jpg

Ouch, the very few pieces I have seen that were repaired seemed to be in areas that allowed for sanding and painting to cover the imperfections induced by such a repair. Getting a hold of Dr Chop would be my first recommendation on such an issue. I have the same pair, among other original zero's, and I find myself handling them less and less for this type of reason.

@cyclerdoug. Thanks. I am kinda desperate, so I took your suggestion seriously. I just watched a review. If Flexseal dried hard, I think I'd be more inclined to try it, but it seems to be more "rubbery" in texture. It needs to dry hard so that it doesn't flex and crack all the way through. I was considering sandpapering finely and superbonding a piece of aluminium across the bridge on the inside edge to see if that would hold it.

@cyclerdoug. Thanks. I am kinda desperate, so I took your suggestion seriously. I just watched a review. If Flexseal dried hard, I think I'd be more inclined to try it, but it seems to be more "rubbery" in texture. It needs to dry hard so that it doesn't flex and crack all the way through. I was considering sandpapering finely and superbonding a piece of aluminium across the bridge on the inside edge to see if that would hold it.

I said that because I have to be a sarcastic ass at least 6 times per day or the club takes my card. But after sending it I actually wondered if that stuff would work, because you can sand and paint it. I think you're right, however, too "flexy" for this application.

@cyclerdoug. You're going straight into my black book right under @OakleyFrankFMJ's name.

In Britain, they'd say, "you terrible chap" and ring mummy.

In the US, you'd say, "I'm coming right over" and grab a pump action and 200 rounds.

But in Australia, we'd say, "You bas____" and then invite you out for a beer.

@cyclerdoug. You're going straight into my black book right under @OakleyFrankFMJ's name.

In Britain, they'd say, "you terrible chap" and ring mummy.

In the US, you'd say, "I'm coming right over" and grab a pump action and 200 rounds.

But in Australia, we'd say, "You bas____" and then invite you out for a beer.

I consider that a place of honor on your list.

...and when I actually get to Australia we WILL be going out for that beer!

Back