• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anybody Grow A Garden

keptman

Oakley Expert
Noneyah
I went overboard and extended my square footage this year. Picked up a couple of garden box setups for doing a couple of specific things.
Tomatoes;
Celebrity, Atkinson, Roma plum, San Marzano, Tasty treat cherry, German pink cherry, Cherokee purple, Bread and salt (heritage), Early girl.
Peppers;
Cayenne, Jalapeno, Green and Red bell, also got a hot mix(6 plants) from a farmers market.
Cucumbers;
Burbless, pickling
Squash;
acorn, delicata, speckled acorn, Yellow crookneck.
Poll beans, Turnips, Carrots, Romaine lettuce, Spinach, Red onions, and lots of herbs.

IMG_20130611_175213_541_zpse150ac1f.jpg

IMG_20130611_175349_978_zps94d5a792.jpg

IMG_20130611_175233_080_zpscfdcb4f7.jpg

IMG_20130611_175454_409_zpsead7c3ae.jpg

Thats lookin pretty good. We had one the last 3 years but bought a new house and havent had time for it yet. Might get a late start on one this year... maybe. When we did, we had banana peppers, green, red and yellow peppers, cucumbers, cherry, grape and some big tomatoes. Had a few others things mixed in from season to season. We have been picking wild blackberries and apples for a few years now as well and putting them up for later.

Looks good!

Got a few different gardens here, mostly she grow flowers. Got one out front of the house prob. 60 X 30 that she grows Tomatoes, Peppers, squash, Cuc's, pumkins, Potatoes, and more. Also have several fruit trees, my dogs favorite is the Pear trees. I mow the lawn, that's enough 4 me, lol. Here a pic of one flower garden.
photo-133.jpg

Tomatoes, tomatllos, bell, jalepeno, and anaheim peppers, cucumbers, strawberries, lemon and a lime tree, and some cooking herbs

I am currently battling the huge amount of rabbits in our area that are hell-bent on eating everything I plant.

This is the stupid part: They ate my strawberries, tomatoes, and cucumbers but have left the dozen heads of lettuce that are growing.

What rabbit doesn't eat lettuce...stupid *******. I've been told it's illegal to snare them (rabbit stew!!) and the normal methods of keeping them away don't seem to do anything.

I am currently battling the huge amount of rabbits in our area that are hell-bent on eating everything I plant.

This is the stupid part: They ate my strawberries, tomatoes, and cucumbers but have left the dozen heads of lettuce that are growing.

What rabbit doesn't eat lettuce...stupid *******. I've been told it's illegal to snare them (rabbit stew!!) and the normal methods of keeping them away don't seem to do anything.

can't snare them but can you shoot them? :hunter:

Back