• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anybody into car detailing?

If you go without tools:

Nano skin is awesome! (Next gen Clay Bar)
Stoners Trim Shine - makes those plastics look brand new.

CarbonX is also one killer degreaser and cleaned + car and paint safe.
Upgraded my brakes, and while I was there, cleaned out the wheel wells of my 200k mike truck.

View attachment 589225

I use a Speedy Brite clay towel (fine grade) with a quick detailer and it works great. F bomb all purpose cleaner for wheels/tires.

Sounds like you know the drill on products as well!

Bring them bishes over
Ready for some attention
70C422F5-2616-4CF3-A24D-EAB42A56DFD4.jpeg

I dabble a little....... all Griots products... maybe a RUPES DA one day with some Sonax wheel cleaner and Blackfire polish thrown in....

My old 328XI

View attachment 589383

View attachment 589384

View attachment 589385

View attachment 589386

Wife’s X1 M-Sport

View attachment 589387

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner is my go to. Started using it with my prior car (the 328i) because that one put out a TON of brake dust. It was always cool to see the "bleeding" effect as it started working on the wheels.

Recently I've been spending some time reigniting my interest in car detailing ... I started getting into it when I bought my previous car in 2013 but then focused in other interests (like Oakleys!).

Planning to have the wife's SUV through a thorough detail ( thorough wash, decon, clay,polish and coat) next weekend as well as continue caring for my newer car.

Wondering if anyone was into it and any thoughts to share on tools, products, etc.
I was... before I had kids. Now the only time I get to detail anything in my truck is when I clean my windows when I put gas.

Latest Posts

Back