• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anybody into car detailing?

Heres a video showing the results of a Blackfire polish application......

Thats shedding some serious h20. I have a good friend that uses Blackfire but never tried it. Is it carnauba or sio2 sealant you used?

I’ve been using Gtechniq coatings lately. Crystal Laquer, Exo 4 and topped with C2V3. Great products. Gyeon Mohs is the other solid coating to use.

I’ve been using Gtechniq coatings lately. Crystal Laquer, Exo 4 and topped with C2V3. Great products. Gyeon Mohs is the other solid coating to use.

I just had my new beamer ceramic coated with the Gtechniq stuff. So far I love it! I was told it's one of, if not the best coating on the market right now. I'm curious if it will last as long as they say it will. With how much I paid to have it done, it better!

I've since swapped out the kidney grills for the blacked out versions, but...

45697927_1811001209023151_5705603833552437248_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.jpg

Last edited:
I just had my new beamer ceramic coated with the Gtechniq stuff. So far I love it! I was told it's one of, if not the best coating on the market right now. I'm curious if it will last as long as they say it will. With how much I paid to have it done, it better!

View attachment 591248

Sport line. Nice!

View attachment 591248

Their product line works really well. What coating specifically did they use? There is Crystal Laquer and there is one called Crystal Serum Ultra. Then afterwards you top with EXO 4. I personally did Crystal Laquer and straight to C2V3 as a topper. The winter was a little hard on the sides with the salt but its still holding up well. Been on since last summer.

You definitely want to follow their guidelines as to coating maintenance which are the silica dioxide toppers to keep it fresh. That and Gyeon Mohs and a couple other companies have the best coatings out there so it should last. Just have them do your maintenance and when you dry it after you wash it get a high powered electric leaf blower and C2V3 as a drying aid. Its not cheap but def worth it.

Any questions feel free to ask. Nice Beamer!!

Their product line works really well. What coating specifically did they use? There is Crystal Laquer and there is one called Crystal Serum Ultra. Then afterwards you top with EXO 4. I personally did Crystal Laquer and straight to C2V3 as a topper. The winter was a little hard on the sides with the salt but its still holding up well. Been on since last summer.

You definitely want to follow their guidelines as to coating maintenance which are the silica dioxide toppers to keep it fresh. That and Gyeon Mohs and a couple other companies have the best coatings out there so it should last. Just have them do your maintenance and when you dry it after you wash it get a high powered electric leaf blower and C2V3 as a drying aid. Its not cheap but def worth it.

Any questions feel free to ask. Nice Beamer!!

Thanks! They used the Crystal Serum Light then the EXO 4 on top. They also did the rims with the Crystal Serum Light, but no EXO 4 there. Every 6 months I'm going to have them do the C2V3 on it. Beyond that I will be doing all the maintenance washes. All done using a power sprayer and foam cannon. I'm using the GWash soap during hand washing. I also have the Gtechniq QD quick detailer for those times when I just need to get a spot off between washes. I want to protect the ceramic coating so I only use Gtechniq products on the car now. I also use the Matte Dash for inside and on the leather. I love how that stuff works. Oh and yes, I do have a power blower to dry the car. That also works great.

After the last hand wash a couple of weeks ago:

IMG_4673.jpg

Last edited:
+1 on the ceramic coating! Had my cars ceramic coated with GTechniq Crystal Serum Ultra over a year ago and the water still beads up like it was waxed yesterday. Great investment if you plan on keeping the car a while. I'd recommend a full detail/polish/buff prior to having it coated to get the most out of it. Second picture of the black car is the reflection of the garage roof off the paint. White Acura is the original paint from 1998.
ukipPrl.jpg

zH4orRP.jpg

dXASNXo.jpg

fgVPwSV.jpg

Back