• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone A Little Burned Out With Oakley?

People at work give me **** for buying a couple dedicated Oakley safety glasses. Some of them go through cheap pairs once a week at $3-5. After a year they've spent more than I did on my Oakleys and I still have a great pair. I wear my M Frames 2.0 and 3.0 for up to 10 hours a day, you better believe I'm going to spend a good amount to make sure I've got a comfortable, clear, durable pair.

exactly. I caught **** for getting split jackets for my safety glasses. I wear them all day and forget i have them on. Def worth 90$.

Didn't hi-jack this too bad. :wink: I am a runner myself so I can really appreciate things like this! It's a beautiful day out here. Might go for a little run myself after seeing those. It's time to break out the radars anyway! And I'm sure after I am done I will long for a pair of radarlocks like always...

Shizzz! I don't run and I want a pair of Radarlocks! I'm going to be using them for shooting though.

I only started "collecting" since this September, but am up to about a dozen pairs already. I'm burnt out in the sense that I've defined my frame preferences and can probably part with the ones that I don't have the hots for any longer. These 'forgotten' pairs can then be used to fund the Radarlock purchase(s). God, I hope it's just one!

..maybe two pairs. AHHHHHHH! Must. Stop!

I'm sure this happens to everyone. But do you get to point where you just sorta stop collecting things or looking for things? I personally think it's the lack of direction that Oakley has been taking. I honestly just want to sell a chunk of what I have and save my money.

If you haven't noticed everyone is complaining about Oakley, except blinded fans

Oakster, I've always wanted to do the Goofy challenge, seems like a good weekend and excuse to get down to FL. I'm running a 50k tomorrow, debating on M Frames, Split Jackets or Radars. Its on the trail so I'll have to go with a lighter color lens.

Congrats djhyper66 on that marathon finish!

My rule is to only collect what I'll wear regularly - I've given away too many pairs to friends cause they seemed like a steal and then I never wear them. Collecting X-metals at the mo except for the Penny because although they are beautiful, I just look ridiculous in them

Oakster, I've always wanted to do the Goofy challenge, seems like a good weekend and excuse to get down to FL. I'm running a 50k tomorrow, debating on M Frames, Split Jackets or Radars. Its on the trail so I'll have to go with a lighter color lens.

Congrats djhyper66 on that marathon finish!

Do it!! It was a great event. Only negative is that there are SO MANY PEOPLE! Some of the best 'hardware' of any race I've done... and all things considered it's a pretty easy race. The only hills are overpasses and some little ones within the parks.

Big time. I'm not a square "O" guy. I like the original sleeker/athletic models (Not the split jacket/jawbone). The designs for the apparel are lacking and they don't make hiking/winter boots. The last REALLY cool pair of sunglasses I wanted were the flaks...and, already mentioned, the prices are too high. Hope Oakley gets back to some basics or does "retro" pairs (hard to believe the 90s are retro)

For the above who wanted Flaks there are a pair of Polished RB/Bronze for 91 on Vault site and I think a polarized pair w/ Gold for 146 Not cheap I know but good for Flaks-u can also find Black ones for about 90-100 BNIB. I dont see why people can't constructively criticize- but calling others "blinded" is a bit harsh. I think the Big Taco was a big smack in the face tho in name and style but.. the Half Jax 2 are pretty good I find myself more drawn to MPH combination of older styles.
...I think I have bought one new pair- IH HJ off the regular site in months... Frog and Holbrook mania does seem to be running wild

I hit around 20 pairs and have slowed down quite a bit. I was mainly seeking rare Gascans and special editions on my favorite frame. Realized it wasn't as fun when my gf hates the collection and the fact I didn't want to damage certain frames. Now I have about 15 that I cycle through

Back