• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Bought From BD Sunglasses?

FR0G5K1N5

Oakley Beginner
Just wondering if anyone has bought from BD Sunglasses. I'm wondering if they are legit because they have a decent lineup of frogs. and Id like to pick up a few more pairs

Here is the thing i don't like about BD, those stupid pictures they show us of a pile of 100 frogs on the floor. Why would i buy a frog off your floor and put it in my display case? Why would collectors want to see their merchandise mistreated prior to receiving it? I will say that I have never heard any complaints on the condition of the frogs when being shipped from BD so they seem to be doing a good job, but its just weird. Anyone ever seen a picture of a pile of ferraris?

Here is the thing i don't like about BD, those stupid pictures they show us of a pile of 100 frogs on the floor. Why would i buy a frog off your floor and put it in my display case? Why would collectors want to see their merchandise mistreated prior to receiving it? I will say that I have never heard any complaints on the condition of the frogs when being shipped from BD so they seem to be doing a good job, but its just weird. Anyone ever seen a picture of a pile of ferraris?

BD has addressed this either here or on FB. I can't remember, but they show them like that because they said that's how Oakley ships the box to them. I believe them. Oakley doesn't treat their merchandise like we do. To them, it's just merchandise, not pieces of art. And in the grand scheme of things, you can't compare $200k Ferraris to a pair of $100 sunglasses.

Now if you're talking about Toyotas, they're treated the same way :lol: Dealerships just park them out in the sun all day. When they get dirty, they just get hosed off and are wiped down with the same terry cloth they use to wipe off their sweat.

Yea like what Damon said they usually post those frog pile pics when they get a new shipment. I've been ordering from them for 2 1/2 years and they ship super fast and are great guys all around.

So the mailman was carrying all those frogs individually and dropped 'em on their floor? It came in a box at some point is all I am saying. The reason I used ferraris is because no one collects Toyotas. I have no beef with these guys, just from a marketing standpoint it doesn't really make sense. I take that back, it makes no sense.

No, Oakley packs up the glasses loosely into a carboard box and then ships the box like that. I imagine there's some padding, like foam peanuts or bubble wrap. Have you ordered from Oakley directly before? They use standard shipping containers. I got my 24k Juliets from them and they were squeezed into a shipping box barely bigger than the box itself. If the shipping box were to get crushed, so would the x metal box.

A manager at the vault told me when they get their shipment of sale/clearance items, all of it is shipped loose and separated. They have to go through and put stuff together.

I'm not trying to defend BD. I have no relationship to them and they're not paying me to say this stuff. I'm just pointing out that Oakley is first and foremost a huge company in this business to make money. They don't really care about how it gets to you, as long as it gets there in decent shape without being destroyed. A bent box here or there isn't going to ruin the actual product. BD is a small shop who is a vendor, but after getting their inventory from Oakley, they take great care in shipping the item to you. The box i got from BD was packed better than what i got from Oakley.

spliced, not trying to argue man and I know where you are coming from. All i am saying, which you said too, is that it did come in a box. So why dump the box on the floor? I've ordered plenty from oakley direct and have had poorly packaged items. I just didn't dump it on the floor when I got it though. Furthermore if you are going to dump the box on the floor, why then show us pics of it? No animosity whatsoever I just find it to be a strange marketing technique. I don't think it would stop me from ordering from them, because who knows what you will get from an ebay seller. If it was my company I just wouldn't do what they are doing. You can disagree with me and that is fine its just my 2 cents on BD's marketing.

Back