• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Tungsten vs. Tungsten Iridium Polarized?

Thanks @DKO for that in depth review!! I agree 1000% about Tungsten IP being a nearly perfect lens. Kinda bummed to hear that Prizm tungsten is maybe not quite as versatile as old trusty tungsten. Guess we'll have to start hoarding up the old school tungsten IP ;).. Also agreed, something like Prizm Titanium would definitely be intriguing. Thanks again for the write up, much appreciated.
Sux it has a limited set of frames

Sent from: Outer Space

Prizm Black and BIP are quite different, but Prizm Tungsten and Tungsten Iridum Polarized are nearly the same.

You say that BIP and black prizm polarized are very different. Could you be more specific? I've got them both, and they seem very similar to me. Could you be more specific to the differences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while sitting on the toilet

You say that BIP and black prizm polarized are very different. Could you be more specific? I've got them both, and they seem very similar to me. Could you be more specific to the differences?

Prizm BP should have a rosy tint to it, I think...I've never owned a set, but Prizm Daily is like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIP. Neutral lens

BPP. Not a neutral lens.

Has anyone bought Prizm tungsten yet? Willing to do comparison shots vs. tungsten iridium polarized? Opinions? Are they polarized? Iridium coated?

I"m mostly interested on if there's any iridium coating on the front of the lenses. And if you think they are better to look through than trusty old tungsten iridium polarized?

Prizm Tunngsten polarized and Tungsten Iridium polarized are very similar. Both are iridium coated but with the prizm you do get the better clarity! I go with prizm polarized every time but that's just me

Prizm BP should have a rosy tint to it, I think...I've never owned a set, but Prizm Daily is like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My black prizm polarized don't have as noticeable Rosie tint, as daily prizm polarized. They are dark, possibly slightly lighter than my BIP.

I believe that by October, most of the lenses will be prizm based, so prices might go up a little due to that but hopefully not by too much. I also heard a rumor that they were getting rid of emerald and ice lenses completely

I wrote about my take on Prizm Black in that thread. Search it. To me side by side. Black Iridium is a Gray Neutral base. And Prizm Black is a somewhat contrasty violet base. Black Iridium is a little darker too.

Back