• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone change to contacts just so they can wear Oakley's?

I absolutely wore contacts for years so I could wear my Oakleys and just 4 years ago got LASIK and now have perfect vision and don't have to worry about contacts at all! Best damn $3700 I've ever spent! It is so worth it, especially since my contacts were expensive to begin with due to my astigmatism. So in the long run the LASIK was the best decision I could have made and wish I would have gotten it done sooner.

My corneas are too thin for LASIK or PRK, so I'm stuck with corrective lenses. As it is, I started wearing contacts about a year before I starting collecting Oakleys, so I've been in the clear the whole time.

My corneas are too thin for LASIK or PRK, so I'm stuck with corrective lenses. As it is, I started wearing contacts about a year before I starting collecting Oakleys, so I've been in the clear the whole time.

Wow, you must have some super thin corneas to not be able to get either. At least contacts are an option though. I hated wearing contacts. Mine were toric contacts due to my astigmatism so they were weighted on the bottom. So every single time I blinked, I would lose focus for a split second until the contact moved back into position. Not to mention mine weren't disposable because they were specially made. I got 2 pair a year. Yea, I couldn't wait to stop wearing those damn things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I would be part of the club. I used to wear contacts but then got lazy and stuck with my glasses. Since starting up with my Juliet collecting last month I'm back to wearing contacts full time. :)

This is exactly me as well just not for Juliets, I wear a wide range of stuff. But only reason I get up the energy to wear my contacts is to wear my sunglasses.

I'm definitely one. Sometimes I'll run into the house after getting all my kids strapped in the car and ready to go... put my contacts in quickly and grab my Oakleys... I get back into the car and my wife says. "you've got to be kidding me..." I just ignore her, smirk and start driving. :cool-20:

I wore contacts long before getting into Oakleys. Now that I'm getting started into my 30s (turned 30 back in March) I've been looking into getting Lasik done for 20/20 vision. I'm just getting tired of wearing contacts for 15 hours a day and then switching to glasses at the end of the day and before going to bed. I used to be concerned about potential side-effects, but the procedure has come such a long way since then it's no longer my primary concern.

And my vision is -5.00 in the left eye and -5.50 in my right. Blind without either. Ugh!

Edit: i used to wear prescription/transitions. Then I got tired of having to 2 sets of Oakley Prescription eyewear upgrade at a time.

My wife introduced me to this new thing called contacts (sarcasm). Then I started wearing my sunglasses and acquired an addiction. I mean collection.
Then she said "I think it is my fault that I introduced you to contacts."

I just grin and say "Thank you love!"

Lol. Sometimes I don't leave the house for a few days. Tv, food and toilet what else u need? I force myself to put contacts in. Very new (only 2 months) and used to take me forever to get them in and out. I am on -1.75 left 1.50 right. Its just annoying not being able to see phone text or watch very clearly.

Latest Posts

Back