• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone do anything custom to Badman's yet?

They were a flop. You don't put a new coat of paint on a sinking ship.

Didn't mean Oakley making new ones. All the lens companies are making lenses. One might work on other accessories. Very comfortable glasses. I know, not a "real" X Metal but I like em.

Linegear would be wise to jump on rubber kits for the BM/MM before someone else (Walleva :behindsofa:) does.
They seem best able to respond/supply for the premium market.
And, I think they sponsor a forum somewhere...

Sinking ship, discontinued, overpriced, and on the other thread with design flaw (i.e. hinge scratch, aesthetics). Makes me wonder if anybody has a objective data on how it sold, volume or profit wise? Then the next question is how well those numbers did compared to Oakley's expectation/target? For me those will be a good factor to stop making products...well company's lack of interest is a factor too.

Linegear would be wise to jump on rubber kits for the BM/MM before someone else (Walleva)...

I believe if Linegear made rubber parts for any of the Xmetals; Omatter and Wires they would have a decent customer base from us.

I traded into a Xmetal with Welleva rubbers....

It wouldn't matter if they get to making MM/BM rubbers before @Linegear Japan

The quality is not even in the same class. If I need aftermarket rubber, it has to be LineGear.

But, I agree. More rubber parts from Linegear NOW is better than Later ;)

I believe if Linegear made rubber parts for any of the Xmetals; Omatter and Wires they would have a decent customer base from us.

I traded into a Xmetal with Welleva rubbers....

It wouldn't matter if they get to making MM/BM rubbers before @Linegear Japan

The quality is not even in the same class. If I need aftermarket rubber, it has to be LineGear.

But, I agree. More rubber parts from Linegear NOW is better than Later ;)

I hope @Linegear Japan do step up its game further and cover all X-Metal models, they are ahead and doing a good job quality and price. And @Walleva should start taking the X-Metal replacement rubber more seriously and step up its own game.

Thank you all.

@Xs and Os : As usual LINEGEAR focus on X-metal and we differentiate to Oakley's by custom color and cute concept, refine lenses cutting and 100% customer satisfaction. And we started lenses for the new X-metal Badman & Madman. Visit this link for Badman lenses: BADMAN - LINEGEAR (Page 1)

This is to confirm that in addition to our secret op., which is known quite publicly, of making R2 earsock, those of Badman's & Madman's are on the way too. Starting with four popular colors: Black, Red, Blue & White. Availability? We need some time to find the right mix of ingredient/color. But we will post update on our thread "Hello from Linegear, X-Metal Professional ".

@OakleyGuru379 : Our answer above may help reply your question.

Back