• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone else hate vented lenses ?

Tom.

Europe
I hate em´......you get light in from above, no way to avoid it, especially if you look up ,but even if you don´t, i clearly see the holes in the Peripheral vision, and wind is also a issue, i don´t ride bikes but i still don´t want wind in the eyes........i think Oakley makes way to many glasses with vented lenses, almost all new models have vented lenses, jawbreaker and radar EV for instance ........:cool:

I love vented on the RJ. I just ordered for prescription VR28 BI vented lenses. When youre trogging up a climb on a cold day and youre fogging up

I hate em´......you get light in from above, no way to avoid it, especially if you look up ,but even if you don´t, i clearly see the holes in the Peripheral vision, and wind is also a issue, i don´t ride bikes but i still don´t want wind in the eyes........i think Oakley makes way to many glasses with vented lenses, almost all new models have vented lenses, jawbreaker and radar EV for instance ........:cool:
the vents on the Jawbreaker and Radar EV are much better than the Radar/Radarlock vents.

It's less apparent with the Jawbreaker imo, yet works so much better with fog management.

But yeah, even with cycling I wish there was closed version for cold days. Call it an exaggeration, but that's how well it works.

I have two pairs of vented lenses. One on my Jawbone (forgot what the new name is) and one on my Radar. They work great for sports like beach volleyball and ultimate because you're running in short bursts and not necessarily getting enough airflow to keep the fogging away. The vents help with that.

When cycling it can be a little too vented, actually... Haha.

I'm not a fan of the vented lenses. I don't do any cycling or the sort, so have no need for it. I understand why they'd have them as an option, but to make only vented lenses for Racing Jacket & Jawbreaker makes no sense to me. Impractical and a turn off for large segment of the market.

I never really noticed them with M Frames and Radars. I haven't had anything else vented.

Do you wear the glasses against your head or slightly down your nose?

I'm not a fan of the vented lenses. I don't do any cycling or the sort, so have no need for it. I understand why they'd have them as an option, but to make only vented lenses for Racing Jacket & Jawbreaker makes no sense to me. Impractical and a turn off for large segment of the market.
The Jawbreaker was designed for cycling, so turning off non-cyclists was not a concern of Oakley.

Strangely they have baseball and golf lenses planned for the jawbreaker. I think it's a bad move on their part.

The Jawbreaker was designed for cycling, so turning off non-cyclists was not a concern of Oakley.

Strangely they have baseball and golf lenses planned for the jawbreaker. I think it's a bad move on their part.
The more the merrier. I think naming the lenses things like "baseball" and "golf" was the mistake, instead of marketing the technology directly to color maps.

But then again, they've been trying to categorize lenses for consumers to take the guesswork out of choosing for a specific activity and I don't know how well it's been working for them. It certainly feels to me as if they're 'dumbing down' things a bit. But hey, I like things complex.

Back