• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Ever Consider Selling It All?

ive been there, sold all my omatter frames coz some frames are out of reach and i do believe they hard to find...so ive done that and then i realized i might do the same with my xmetals so i sold everything i dont wear and left with 4pairs...just after that i found my passion for oakley again coz i realized im too good buyin good deals...and yeah the adrenalin pumps up knowing i bought something rare in cheap price...i think ill be like this forever, get tired collecting then changed my mind...im loving it for good reason that is im able to wear my favorite brand!

And here is my best addition to my renewed collection: @OakleyAndy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403913191.193494.jpg

I may have a different perspective...

I like the glasses I buy and tend to understand how much they cost, maintenance, replacement lenses and future purchases....

my Radars and RadarLocks are fairly cheap compared to some other glasses, but glasses like the X-Metals are not on my "future purchase list" because I feel comfortable wearing the "baseball inspired" Oakleys, such as Radars, RadarLocks and M-Frames, etc...

I don't think i'll ever sell them, but hell, everything I own is for sale for the right price....

Pack em up, and put them in a safe deposit box.out of sight out of mind.it really is money in the bank.i have 3 xmetals a fast jacket and a carbon blade......thats it.i handle many pairs being in the "buisness"......they are fun to look at but I really dont want to be a collector.i found myself wearing my Ti02s 90% of the time, then depending on the situation ill wear something else for a day.keep your favorite 5 pais and unload the rest.

I've really gotten frustrated lately with my collection and I'm seriously considering selling it all. I'm tired of always looking for the next addition and prices are outta control. I've accepted some pieces are just almost unobtainable and it's not getting any better.

Anyone else ever feel that way??
No.
Are you feeling this way because you can't justify spending what these "grails" are fetching? Or because you can't find what you want when you want? I ask because it leads me to ask: what fun would this be as a hobby if you could just go out and buy these rarer pieces? Isn't the thrill of the chase part of the "fun" of collecting anything?
The sh*t that I just go out and buy I find means very little to me. If it were easy anyone could do it. The stuff that takes time, effort (mental or physical), tenacity, creativity and more is the stuff that I find that I enjoy the most, appreciate the most and take the best care of.
If its about the bandwidth that being a hard-core collector in this hobby seems to require well that is something that you are able to throttle back. Turn the knob from "obsession" back to "hobby". I know you're a guy with a lot of self-discipline!

I do need kinda step back and enjoy it. Been all too consuming lately. As with most all things in life, a little moderation is needed. While I don't have the money to buy every piece I see or want, I don't need the money bad enough to sell what I have either. :)
Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations.

I'm with X-Man on this. I have 3 pairs of metals now. Each pair has reserve oem lenses and rubber for the future. I only seek one more R1, then done.

I'm with X-Man on this. I have 3 pairs of metals now. Each pair has reserve oem lenses and rubber for the future. I only seek one more R1, then done.

Good luck - I was like that, hit my goal then done. But when I got there, suddenly there was a new goal. That's the nature of desire - it can never be finally satisfied, only temporarily; it will always exist but just evolve to some other target (Oakleys or otherwise)...

But that doesn't mean you can't stop at four x-metals. Congrats if you do. I'm just saying, if it ain't x-metals, it'll be something else - so why not some more x-metals?

Budgets are good - they help you pace yourself and stretch things out, regardless of the goal.

Latest Posts

Back