• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone ever laser engraved the frame?

ttocs

Oakley Beginner
I have a set of Drop Point glasses being set up for RX and earlier this year I purchased a 100w CO2 laser that has since left me walking by so many things wondering "What would it do to that?". I also have a bad habit of losing my glasses sooner or later and was happy to get 4 years out of the last pair but I can't help but wonder if I could engrave my name/phone number inside the ear piece? I have also considered that I make aluminum business cards that are super thin that I could put the info on and then possibly glue/epoxy it inside the earpiece again but wasn't sure if anyone has tried this to know if a certain glue/epoxy would work? Has anyone experimented with their laser and their oakleys?

Last edited:
Another option, has anyone used a cnc with a diamond drag bit to engrave and curious if anyone has tried that? I would need to remove the earpiece on either way, do they come on/off easy?

ok so I am not surprised this isn't done often or at all(unfortunately). My next question is do you know the material of the oakley icons on the drop points? My thought was if they are aluminum I can cut the aluminum business card thin/small enough to got directly behind the icon and use an epoxy like jb weld that is fairly good at bonding to aluminum to bond to the back of the icon.

Back