• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone fly drones?

My dad about **** himself when he saw it so I just ordered him one too.

The video on them really is great.

Bit late to this thread but - Yes..

Not just drones but most RC aircraft, helicopters, aerobatic planes, EDF Jets, thermal scale gliders, slope soarers etc, etc......

:)

Well here is my toy!! Lol
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So far only the QAV250 frame. But the screws for mounting the bottom are too short. Gotta find 8 M3x10mm screws to finish it.

I haven't decided for sure yet on electronics but I'm thinking Little Bees 30A ESCs and those black widow motors with the reverse switch. Naze32 flight controller and either a standard PDB or the one that replaces the center frame piece on the QAV250 frame.

I have no idea on FPV stuff though. Fat Shark seems the best but damn that's a pair of Juliets or two. (That's how I price things lol)

Don't know about radio yet either.
image.jpeg

I've been looking at fat shark as well. I price my stuff in terms of oakleys as well. I would look rather silly walking around in the fat shark goggles in stead of oakleys!

They really expect a 6mm screw to go through 3 layers of 2mm CF and THEN into a post.

image.jpg

Yeah that's the only drawback, can't wear my oaks while I fly!

Back