• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Getting Excited About Fishing Season?? (Prizm Deep/Shallow H2O)

adamsapple19

Oakley Expert
Colorado
Every day I look at these .. and every day is one day closer to being able to use them!

20180129_141843.jpg

Radar EV Path: Prizm Shallow & Prizm Deep Water - Specifically sought these out in Radar EV because Flak 2.0 occasionally fogs but most annoying when fishing for several hours the lenses collect some sweat and face oils at the corners. Radar EV eliminates this and allows me just to concentrate on presentation.

Spring is just around the corner and the bite is gonna be hot before you know it! :cool-20:

Haha .. that's about the only thing I envy about FL ;)

We can ice fish (which is okay but logistically a nightmare) so I don't really mess with it.

I like to Bass fish so it's definitely seasonal here. Bass fishing must be amazing in FL/the South.

Haha .. that's about the only thing I envy about FL ;)

We can ice fish (which is okay but logistically a nightmare) so I don't really mess with it.

I like to Bass fish so it's definitely seasonal here. Bass fishing must be amazing in FL/the South.

Ya Florida is a dump. Great place to visit...sucky place to live. Your water is probably way cleaner than ours

Yea .. there's pros and cons. For sure could do without the winters.

I can only dream of walking around in summer clothes year-round. The humidity though .. idk. Spent a half summer in Norfolk, VA when I was 12 visiting my brother in the Navy. My God the mugginess. I remember it vividly to this day.

But yea .. the Bass tend to like dirty, warm water :). Out of curiosity, where do folks freshwater fish there? Obv there's saltwater fishing, too .. but I hear sometimes about guys going to down to FL to Bass fish specifically.

Yea .. there's pros and cons. For sure could do without the winters.

I can only dream of walking around in summer clothes year-round. The humidity though .. idk. Spent a half summer in Norfolk, VA when I was 12 visiting my brother in the Navy. My God the mugginess. I remember it vividly to this day.

But yea .. the Bass tend to like dirty, warm water :). Out of curiosity, where do folks freshwater fish there? Obv there's saltwater fishing, too .. but I hear sometimes about guys going to down to FL to Bass fish specifically.

We have alot of largemouth bass here. There are a ton of freshwater lakes here. About 2/3 of the state is part of the everglades basin(even though the actual everglades is way down south)....most of the state is marsh or sand. We have a county called Lake County with over 2000 bodies of water within it alone....which is where I go being only 1 county away.

I wear my deep and shallow Prizm year round. In fact, I only fish once or twice a year. Deep Prizm are great lenses for bright light or at the lake. Shallow I like pretty good for overcast days just bumming around.

I wear my deep and shallow Prizm year round. In fact, I only fish once or twice a year. Deep Prizm are great lenses for bright light or at the lake. Shallow I like pretty good for overcast days just bumming around.

That's a good point about the Shallows. I typically wear my DWPs to and from the lake, unless it's overcast when leaving then I'll wear the Shallows. Little bit more light transmission and obviously a very brightening effect.

So, just to follow up on this, fishing this Spring was phenomenal! My dedicated fishing Radar EVs have really come in handy to help me get my lure back in the water ASAP, focus on fishing, and keep me fishing longer. No amount of sweat or oils (from bug block or sunscreen) or physical exertion ever fogged/oiled up the lenses nor did they ever even come close to slipping on me.

Here's a few pics from this Spring - things are slowing down now a bit with the water temps really climbing.
20180502_184320.jpg 20180404_231912.jpg 20180428_091809.jpg

The last fish pic was by far the highlight of the Spring: a 10lb, 30" Walleye I caught (and released) just after midnight on April 28th. You Walleye guys'll appreciate that. Obv no Oakleys in that pic BUT I had been wearing the Prizm Shallows that afternoon all the way until dusk when I switched to the headlamp. I was able to switch to that comfortable blue Oakley windbreaker once the temps came out of the 30s and 40s and it got a lot of use.

The last pics here are just four of many amazing pics I took while fishing this Spring.
20180213_180436.jpg 20180515_060021.jpg 20180322_193437.jpg 20180604_202035.jpg

Latest Posts

Back