• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone have a chromebook? Opinions?

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
D

digi7alph0enix

Looking at replacing my tablet with a cheap chromebook. Anyone who owns one have any thoughts or things I might not know just from reading/watching reviews?

We have them in all my schools. If you just want it for web browsing, it's fine.

We have them in all my schools. If you just want it for web browsing, it's fine.
That's more or less all I wanted to do with mine. I've got a decent desktop for the heavy lifting, a phone for using apps and whatnot, but I needed something to fill in the gap where I want a keyboard but don't want to be stuck at the desktop. So far I'm loving the new chromebook.

I manage 100 chromebooks in an Academic environment, alongside 400+ NComputing virtual devices. From an educational standpoint, the chromebook is great. minus the dropping of Java which was a real pain for state mandated testing (built on, you guessed it, JAVA!)
Battery life and boot time is great. We are using the lenovos. Personally Id rather have a 10" tablet with a bluteooth keyboard built into the cover

We've been using the Dells but just ordered 120 lenovos. Still have to use windows desktops for state testing but the PARCC works on chrome books.

Back