• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone have a lucky pair?

peelz

Oakley Beginner
well...I do...NOW.

As I mentioned in another thread. JUST got back from a trip down to Mexico. I Had my wood grain Jupiters on when were at the beach, letting the kids swim in the waves. I was just thigh-deep taking pics of the kids off to the side....Bro in law yells for me, I turn around...Welp, he was yelling to us to watch out for the next set of waves. HUGE.

It took me down. Jupiters fell off... ARRRRGH. i stand up frantically digging arms in the water....Bro in law like "omg oh no" he knows wife and I love our sunglasses.

Maybe a minute(felt like 10 years) goes by... I stand back up throw my arms up in sadness, heart sinks...start walking back to shore having given up...nearly in tears.

then I felt them wash over my left foot.

HAL-LE-LU-JAH and Just slight scratch on the left lens.

Now, I will never part with them.

have a nice day.

well...I do...NOW.

As I mentioned in another thread. JUST got back from a trip down to Mexico. I Had my wood grain Jupiters on when were at the beach, letting the kids swim in the waves. I was just thigh-deep taking pics of the kids off to the side....Bro in law yells for me, I turn around...Welp, he was yelling to us to watch out for the next set of waves. HUGE.

It took me down. Jupiters fell off... ARRRRGH. i stand up frantically digging arms in the water....Bro in law like "omg oh no" he knows wife and I love our sunglasses.

Maybe a minute(felt like 10 years) goes by... I stand back up throw my arms up in sadness, heart sinks...start walking back to shore having given up...nearly in tears.

have a nice day.
I love those frames are regret getting rid of mine!

I found the tungsten polarized awesome for the beach... Glad you found em!

Yeah...I bought them on a whim. At first, I wasn't sure, as I prefer smaller styles... but they grew on me. Quickly becoming a favorite.The lenses Iv'e found to be FANTASTIC for almost all situations. even rain. I tried them at night once even, not bad.

Ill have to replace those lenses at some point.... was considering a color change...but think Ill stick with them the way they are! but the frames...really kill it. Even Thinking about buying some other Jupes...

Wife says I have to get tincans-she likes them on me. I don't argue when she says I get a new pair of oaks LOL -we stopped at an Oakley Vault in St Louis on the drive back. I enjoyed that, never been. But didn't find anything that I just had to have. :/

well...I do...NOW.

have a nice day.

I have a very similar story, only without the happy ending... :(

crystal grey smoke/jade Flak XLJ's when i was in what should have been a worse accident- totaled car ..completely crunched and I did not get a scratch on me...even the officer looked shocked when i walked out on my own...went back to salvage yard via cab and made sure i got em back from wrecked vehicle 3 hours after accident....

I wouldn't say I have a lucky pair, but my favorite pair is the first ever I bought. Is the crystal black hijinx with black iridium. I will never get rid of it!

oh, so your massage was legal?

Well, I forgot and left my coupon at home... :(

massage_with_free_happy_ending_coupon.jpg

Back