• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Have Trouble Deciding What Pair To Take On A Trip...

Which pair would you take...Carbon/B.I.P Juliets or my X-Metal/B.I.P X-Squared?

• Carbon/black iridium polarized Juliets

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • X-Metal/black iridum polarized X-Squared

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Both

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miller325ci

Oakley Enthusiast
California
I am going out of the country for two weeks and I am having trouble deciding which pair I wanna take.... I'm sure you guys have similar difficulties... as of right now i am taking my jupiter factory lites cause i have OO red iridium polarized in that pair and its my only colored lens and my prescription clear monoshocks.... and the next is betweeen my carbon/black iridium polarized Juliets and my X-Metal/black iridum polarized X-Squared...... tough call... i love them both...

What ever pairs I take I keep them in seperate cases and inside my backpack. I typically take 3 pairs. Straight jacket, fuel cell, and radar. Anything I do take I am not terribly attached to though.

I would not take any of metals, but that is just me.

my juliets have been a on and off everyday pair for years... both are prescription though haha... considering x-metal is becoming a rarity... good point... at least im not the only crazy person wanting to take 3 for different reasons... lol

I wouldn't take x metals on a trip like that... Whenever I go on a trip out of state I normally just bring 4 or so pairs that aren't very rare or expensive like some fuel cells radars jawbones etc because you never know if a bag may get lost or something.

I usually spend about 15-20 minutes deciding on which pairs to take. I will put each in their Microfibre bag and then put them in a goggle case. This week I took an Antix, Jury, Bottlecap, re-release Razor Blade, Pit Bull and a X-squared.

are you serious? take them all with you!!! haha. but atrain is right...take waht you will not feel bad about losing or can easily replace. but since i am an x metal kinda guy, gotta bring at least one metal, most likely juliets. r1s and pennies will be a heart break to lose.
i ALWAYS have trouble deciding which pairs to bring. but i look at the weather as well. i sweat a lot so any place above 18 degrees celsius means mostly o matter frames. just a thought for you to think about....

thanks you guys.... haha so i was going in the process of deciding... i ended up weighing both frames the x-squared and juliet... i figured i'd take the one with the lightest weight... well guess what... they both weighed the same lol...

As has already been pointed out, Iwould take a pair thats is comfortable and that can be easily replaced.
I usually take a pair of Jawbones with three set of lenses that you can put into their rigid case, it meets all ther equierements and additionally you may change the look by simply swaping the lenses.
As per your choices, I would take the X-squared since in case of trouble I would not miss them as much as the Juliets.

Back