• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Know Anything About The Prism Lenses?

lawman0210

Oakley Expert
I was considering adding another set of flaks to my collection for just shooting. I was checking out SI as I figured just a standard frame with some bip. I then saw there listing for Prism lenses. 99.00 or I could get a set listed as "with array" for 150.00. Does this array set include 2-3 sets of lenses? They have a drop down menu with about 7 different colors. SI states they are shooting specific lenses and show targets in an outdoor environment. So my questions are:
1.Are the prism lenses worth the investment over their standard counterparts?
2. Are they designed for both indoor and outdoor?
3. What comes in the array set for 150.00?

These were supposed to be Fall 2015 release in goggles, but they were able to push it ahead to Fall 2014 for goggles and R1 2015 for sunglasses. There will be 3 different lens transmissions. Come in for more than regular lenses but nothing like polarized prices as it's not a filter within the lens.

Sounds like it will be pretty groundbreaking... not just a new twist on something already existing. The analogy I heard was that regular lenses were like tuning sound with a treble dial and a bass dial. Prizm is like having 50 dials. The contrast for specific conditions are apparently epic.

These will start to pop up in reps' hands hopefully by the end of the olympics so that people can try them and start talking about them.

Going to order the array kit tonight. It comes with
Tr22 22
Tr45
Clear
The number ie, 22, 45 Is the amount of light it allows in so 22 still has me worried for bright shiny days