• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone making vintage RX lenses ?

Jacob Carstens

I am Jim Jannard...
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi guys,
OMG I can’t believe how long it’s been since I’ve been online here in this great community.
Well long story short - I’m flying to the states (Austin, TX) tomorrow for a road trip with some friends. And since I recently lost my beloved XX with RX lenses (yeah I was drunk - dah) I thought I would order the most vintage pair I could find on the Oakley website. That turned out to be Half Jacket 2.0 - not the worst considering how some of the newer frames look and feel :focus-97:. However I am not able to order a cool custome color frame and with similarly cool and vibrant icons and earsocks. No way - I’m stuck with the choice of matte black or polished black - woopi*******doo. But anyway, I desperately need new sunglasses so I order a pair with prescription Sapphire Iridium Pol lenses cheap as chips compared to the price in Denmark:imtheking:. But behold my joy is short-lived. I get an order confirmation that my prescription has been approved and that my Half Jacket 2.0 with Dark Golf Prizm lenses will be delivered within 8-10 days to my chosen UPS store in Arlington, TX, where we will be staying from august 21-23 cause we are going to a concert with Def Leppard and Motley Crue. I just manage to calculate that they will arrive in due time and rejoice before my amygdalae screams NOOOOO WTF. And as the observant reader will have already figured out - they ****ed up the lenses:headbang:. They had 1 f…… job and it’s not like it was some call center in Bangalore, where a 12 year old Indian slave worker pretends to be English speaking. It was a computer on which was chosen Sapphire iridium polarized lenses. And foreseeing as I was, since this is after all not my first online ordering rodeo, I made a screen dump of the order receipt after payment, which clearly reads Sapphire Iridium Polarized lenses. But still they managed to get it wrong - what the f… kind of computers are Oakley using ? Naturally that was a rhetorical question, since obviously it is Commodore 64.
Ok forum - I think you get my dilemma - sorry that I lied about it being short :dance2:. But let’s face it - most of you are currently at work just waiting for Friday to be over, so you can go home and enjoy the weekend, go to a ballgame, play with the kids or the wife (m/f don’t want to risk offending any bleeding heart liberals) or both if that’s your fancy and drink yourself silly, as I am currently attempting.
So by now you are thinking - by god, what does this guy actually want…. And here’s the beef.
I seem to recall from my more active days on this here beloved forum, that there were a couple of guys who could source RX lenses for models Oakley no longer produce themselves. And I’m hoping that someone might direct me in their way or let set guys be privy to my predicament. What I’m ultimately hoping to obtain is RX lenses for the original XX from 2000 and a frame to go with them. But if that’s not possible I would settle for a cool Half Jacket 2.0 frame with RX lenses.
So let the jungle drums pound and show me to goods :help:.
Thanks for your patience…..
Have a great weekend - touchdown in Austin, TX tomorrow at 9.38 PM.

Jacob - Good to hear from you! Short story there lol. I've got a XX Twenty frame for you if you can source lenses. @Chris A Hardaway
Thanks buddy likewise. I hope you’re doing well. Yeah I got a wee bit carried away there lol.. Chris of course - now I remember. I’ll reach out and see what kind of magic he can pull out of his hat. I might hold you to that XX - what colorway is it. Damn I should have kept some of those Collegiate pairs.

Off the
Thanks buddy likewise. I hope you’re doing well. Yeah I got a wee bit carried away there lol.. Chris of course - now I remember. I’ll reach out and see what kind of magic he can pull out of his hat. I might hold you to that XX - what colorway is it. Damn I should have kept some of those Collegiate pairs.
PM’d

@docrusty and @Jacob Carstens If I can get an XX (X-Metal, or XX O-Matter) frame in hand (I'll need the "old" lenses for the XX Omatter) too I can make RX lenses. I'll need about 2 weeks. SO WE NEED TO GET ON IT.
Jacob send me a copy of your RX, and I'll confirm I can do them in Sapphire Iridium, Sappire Iridium Polarized, and what the price will be. It should be about $350 to $400 for the lenses including shipping. IN USD of course. Slightly more if you want Prizm Sapphire Polarized.

Back