• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Miss The Classics?

Oooooh, I love these threads! I'll get the pitchforks and the torches and someone can whip up some good old anti-Lux sentiment!

I also love Pearl Jam.
Is that Maynard in your picture? My first REAL concert was A Perfect Circle/Mars Volta. Always cool to see the classic Oaks worn by bands I like. I also always saw Oaks on the wrestlers I used to watch

Oooooh, I love these threads! I'll get the pitchforks and the torches and someone can whip up some good old anti-Lux sentiment!

I also love Pearl Jam.

Nice. Pearl Jam was the first concert I ever went to.

Is that Maynard in your picture? My first REAL concert was A Perfect Circle/Mars Volta. Always cool to see the classic Oaks worn by bands I like. I also always saw Oaks on the wrestlers I used to watch

Not M.J.K., it's M.E., K? That's me in the picture.

Nice. Pearl Jam was the first concert I ever went to.

I haven't been to a Pearl Jam concert. I'd love to go; I should've gone when they were on the Lightning Bolts tour.

My first concert was The Who, in 2000, in MSG. You see that, you don't need to see another concert.

In terms of the EJ, old SJ, Minutes, etc., to each their own, but I find them all God-awful. They all look like cheap gas station shades to me. I much prefer more recent offerings like the Fuel Cell, Flak, Fast, new SJ, Antix/Hijinx, etc.
i think it's the exact opposite. If I walk in to any gas station now there are million fake Gascans, Fuel Cells, Oil Rigs, and even Pit Bosses. Or go to a home depot and see just as many variation of flaks, m Frames, new SJ, Antix/Hijinx.
But just like the Originals (EJs, SJs, Minutes) they are/were all copied because they are bada55.

i think it's the exact opposite. If I walk in to any gas station now there are million fake Gascans, Fuel Cells, Oil Rigs, and even Pit Bosses. Or go to a home depot and see just as many variation of flaks, m Frames, new SJ, Antix/Hijinx.
But just like the Originals (EJs, SJs, Minutes) they are/were all copied because they are bada55.

Yeah but back in the day, it was all EJ's and Minutes and straight jackets at the gas stations. They have moved on to the newly cloned crap now a days but it doesn't deter my love for the EJ's!!

Yeah but back in the day, it was all EJ's and Minutes and straight jackets at the gas stations. They have moved on to the newly cloned crap now a days but it doesn't deter my love for the EJ's!!

Exactly my point and I could not agree more.

Reminiscing | Oakley Forum

Anyone remember how the oakley website used to be? I had the chance to purchase those classics online. One click of a button , I did not do it. I still kick myself for that.

Nevermind, my thread had a link to a website of the Oakley items.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423619429.536956.jpg

Reminiscing | Oakley Forum

Anyone remember how the oakley website used to be? I had the chance to purchase those classics online. One click of a button , I did not do it. I still kick myself for that.

Nevermind, my thread had a link to a website of the Oakley items.

View attachment 129902
Oh man, I totally miss the old site from 2002-2003. It was so much easier to navigate. The newest reboot just freezes and is godawful. Same with the Vault site. Totally miss the mad science stuff, too. Ohhhh the days of past...

Also, totally agree that gas stations have moved on. No matter what is in style, there will always be knockoff.

Back