• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Notice Polarized Lenses Dont Last As Long As Regular Lenses?

alcapon1

I should Work at Oakley
West Side
anyone notice polarized lenses dont last as long as regular iridium lenses? I have like 10 pairs I wear and the polarized glasses lens coatings get messed up way before the regular ones do. I have a pair of canteens that went through hell and back and they are way nicer to look through than my semi new polarized twitch....

I can not confirm!
I own different shades, 1999 - 2011, iridium and iridium polarized lenses and can't see any difference between them.

I can not confirm!
I own different shades, 1999 - 2011, iridium and iridium polarized lenses and can't see any difference between them.

I will post some pictures of 2 different pairs that are a good example. My Twitch polarized are like 6 months old and I cant even see through them now. I wore my canteens for like 3 years and they are clear. Maybe something just got on them and effected the coating, that would probably be a good tread....."What not to get on your Oakley's that can ruin them"

How do you clean your Oakley's?
Can you still observe the water repelling effect on your lenses?

How do you clean your Oakley's?
Can you still observe the water repelling effect on your lenses?

luke warm water only to clean but I do wear some hair spray sometimes and then put them on my head when not over my eyes. Maybe even a little hairspray messes with the polarized coating but not the regular iridium lens, interesting hmmmmm...... You know what.... the water repelling is non existent on a pair.... I \clean them with water only and its hard to get them clear again

luke warm water only to clean but I do wear some hair spray sometimes and then put them on my head when not over my eyes. Maybe even a little hairspray messes with the polarized coating but not the regular iridium lens, interesting hmmmmm...... You know what.... the water repelling is non existent on a pair.... I \clean them with water only and its hard to get them clear again

hairspray and other hair products are a big nono for oakley lenses. yes, maybe the polarised lenses are more prone to damage by hairspray, but you should always clean with warm water AND mild soap to remove all oil and grease. water itself doesnt clean thoroughly and whatevers on that lens will continue to damage it.

all comes down to care for your oaks. Ive never had a problem with any of my lenses, polarised or not.

Resolution: Buy a hair clipper :wink:
20 £ Remington ceramic blade, much cheaper than lenses

Back