• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Own Any Clear Lenses?

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
My Split Jackets which are polished white with blue thru bolts and icons. It comes with the ice iridium and light grey lenses but I wanted some vented ones. I checked Oakley's accessory lenses and the only vented ones available that I'd consider would be the black iridium vented or the clear vented.

My question to you all is this: What's the logic behind clear lenses? I don't think there's any aspect of my daily routine that would require clear lenses. What are the situations in daily life that would require the use of clear lenses? I'm mean, if it's bright outside, wouldn't a clear lens be pretty much useless or is it only meant for overcast/low lit/practically dark situations? Or is it more of a protective eyewear thing like if you're working with power tools?

Inside protection or very low light. Clear is mainly meant for safety or night use.
Oh. Basically no situation that I'll ever be in. LOL

I really want the vented Jade Iridium since the blue/purple off the green would go with the rest of the frame. But the vented Jade is only available on the black frame and not as an accessory set. :(

Is there a way around that? Perhaps by calling up Oakley and asking the warranty department?

I really want the vented Jade Iridium since the blue/purple off the green would go with the rest of the frame. But the vented Jade is only available on the black frame and not as an accessory set. :(

Is there a way around that? Perhaps by calling up Oakley and asking the warranty department?

Your best bet is finding someone willing to trade...

Yeah I'll definitely give them a ring. Is Oakley usually pretty good about making prebuilt accessories available at a later date? I can understand them not making special edition or exclusive accessories available but simple prebuilt stuff should be fair game right?

Yeah I'll definitely give them a ring. Is Oakley usually pretty good about making prebuilt accessories available at a later date? I can understand them not making special edition or exclusive accessories available but simple prebuilt stuff should be fair game right?

you know what, there used to be a guy on another forum that cuts lenses... he was a legend until he retired from doing it and collecting oakley at that... he would have cut you one to fit your split jackets

Back