• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone playing around with BTC and alt currencies?

sybiria

Oakley Enthusiast
Just wanted to make a post to see if anyone here uses, hords or exchanges Bitcoins, Litecoins or alternate currencies in general. If so give some info, what currencies, how you got involved etc
Crypto-Currency Market Capitalizations

I got involved a few years back, due to some economic situations in Cyprus where the price of BTC grew from 80$ to 300$ and that got my attention. I started looking into it and liked the tech behind it. This here has a brief description of what it is if you do not know What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Bitcoin? .
But for me it was a bit too late to invest in this market in accounts of hording since the price was quite high, so decided to invest in LTC (litecoin) and try to mine some, which was quite an interesting experience 10 gpus mining 24/7.
Now a days, i do not mine any more, but still play around with them, and I am intrigued with new tech coming out around this and the block-chain. Every day new coins and features come out eg Ethereum which are promising, and others which are just pump and dump

Well that was my experience in a nut shell, if you have any please share

I've been messing with One Coin. It's really complex and has a high learning curve, but it's been fun learning. Not sure how it will all turn out, but we'll see. I like the idea of cryptocurrency and hope to see it go mainstream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@bad fishy Sounds nice! Never played with One tbh. I agree with your thoughts, it should go mainstream, its a currency for the internet made for the internet :) And like all new tech it will stumble on obstacles. Remember emails? Who would need email when we have perfectly good post or fax even :p

Recently got into Bitcoin, Litecoin etc. - Very interesting and will be fun to see how it pans out. Looking at accepting Bitcoin on OF for memberships/donations.

Anyone else playing with these?

Back