• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Tried This?

Thanks. As the O saying goes anything can and will be made better. If I could do this over I would have made the glass shelves 1/4" less deep, a wider print and acrylic, and mounted it from the inside. It would have covered about a 1 1/2" inches of the rear post on each side. With the mirrored side I think it would look a bit better. I usually over think and over engineer my projects but it didn't hit me until I saw it all together. Maybe a mod for the future.

Wanna "shop" an image for my single wide that I could take to a print shop?......
My original file is missing at the moment. I built a new computer, I think its on the old hard drive. The problem with it on a single is the aspect ratio would be off. It would have to be cropped quit a bit. The tissue paper was fairly close in aspect of a double wide.

I wouldn't need specifically that design. I'm open to anything that may work to scale on a single
I could size and edit almost any image. You would have to find one that would be close to the narrow aspect of the single. Also you would want a relatively high res image. The one I shot came out to be 25 meg and that was grayscale, would have been much more in color. Image would have to be hosted as it would be to large for email. Most of the poster images that you can get here and on the net would not be high enough to work well on a large print.

I didn't have much luck searching, that's why I did my own. Especially a vertical that is narrow enough for a single. I tried to use some from sports events that I shot, mostly surfing and Supercross, I just didn't have that many to chose from that were shot in portrait mode. I was trying for the Oakley ad look.

Latest Posts

Back