• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Use "croakies" Or Sunglass Straps?

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
Started riding a bicycle for part of my daily commute ( http://citibikenyc.com/ )

Yeah, it's crazy riding in NYC, but hey, so is life ...

Anyways, was thinking of using a strap (aka croakie) on my Oakleys to keep them from possibly falling off my face during a bumpy ride.

Anyone use something like this that they could recommend?

Oakley or some other brand is fine ...

I use the strap that came on the windjacket kit for my splits when i waterski and they stay on great it will also work on the new racing jacket and radarlock

Oakley doesn't make their own strap for lifestyle frames. Radarlock, M Frame, Racing Jacket, M Frame 2.0, M Frame 3.0, Split Jacket, Pro M Frame, Water Jacket... I think that's all that have provisions for a strap.

Croakies and similar, if I remember right, are just a lanyard to take them off and hang on your neck. And the Croakies float if the glasses aren't too heavy? Anyway, you'd need a generic strap of some kind.

Oakley doesn't make their own strap for lifestyle frames. Radarlock, M Frame, Racing Jacket, M Frame 2.0, M Frame 3.0, Split Jacket, Pro M Frame, Water Jacket... I think that's all that have provisions for a strap.

Croakies and similar, if I remember right, are just a lanyard to take them off and hang on your neck. And the Croakies float if the glasses aren't too heavy? Anyway, you'd need a generic strap of some kind.

Thanks for the info ...

There are 2 versions that you will see commonly there is the simple neoprene strap that is just for resting rhem on your neck as stated. There are also versions that have a slide and a string so they can be tightened around your head. That type should work better for your situation.

Latest Posts

Back