• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

assassin10000

Oakley Beginner
TheSunglassFix.com has surged in popularity in the last few years, but there’s very little out there about the company or the quality of their lenses. So we’re taking it into our own hands to review The Sunglass Fix lenses!
Keep reading for our complete experience ordering from TheSunglassFix.com and whether we’d recommend SunglassFix replacement lenses.

What is TheSunglassFix.com?
TheSunglassFix.com is an online manufacturer of replacement sunglasses lenses. They offer one of the largest selections of replacement lenses for over 500+ brands, including Oakley, Ray-Ban, Maui Jim, Arnette, Prada, Revo, and more!
Where is TheSunglassFix located?
The Sunglass Fix is based in Australia, with a Billinudgel, New South Wales mailing address.
Today, they advertise that their lenses are made in Australia. However, their website clarifies that about 70% of the parts and materials are sourced from...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone used thesunglassfix.com.au replacement lenses? Looking to see how good their optical quality and coatings really are. They claim to use a polyamide on their more expensive lenses, as opposed to standard polycarbonate. From a quick google seach polyamide supposedly has a slight edge in optical quality vs. a polycarbonate (90% vs 89% clarity was listed on one website) at the downside of being slightly less impact resistant.

I've only had prior experience with aftermarket lenses when I installed a pair of Revant Elite's in a pair of squarewire 2.0's and they were pretty damn good. Way better than the damaged OEM lenses that were there, of course a direct comparison wasn't possible due to the amount of scratching.

I did already go through the thread here (all 41 pages of it): Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

I seriously doubt your eye would be able to tell the difference between a single percent of quality difference. That is something that requires a computer of some sort to measure. Your best bet for a comparison would be to purchase a set of each lenses and see how they stack up. OEM is definitely a higher quality. But for me linegear is a close second. At this point I only use my ikon lenses if I think I might bump or be involved in an activity that I might drop the frames.

I seriously doubt your eye would be able to tell the difference between a single percent of quality difference. That is something that requires a computer of some sort to measure. Your best bet for a comparison would be to purchase a set of each lenses and see how they stack up. OEM is definitely a higher quality. But for me linegear is a close second. At this point I only use my ikon lenses if I think I might bump or be involved in an activity that I might drop the frames.

No your eyes wont be able to "tell a difference" because they can adjust to compensate for the lack of quality....but it does damage to your eyes and they never rebuild after that damage. Thats why its very important to use only oakley lenses

No your eyes wont be able to "tell a difference" because they can adjust to compensate for the lack of quality....but it does damage to your eyes and theu never rebuild after that damage. Thats why its very important to use only oakley lenses
I see your reasoned argument and raise you a childish comment. You're stupid.

Anyone used thesunglassfix.com.au replacement lenses? Looking to see how good their optical quality and coatings really are. They claim to use a polyamide on their more expensive lenses, as opposed to standard polycarbonate. From a quick google seach polyamide supposedly has a slight edge in optical quality vs. a polycarbonate (90% vs 89% clarity was listed on one website) at the downside of being slightly less impact resistant.

I've only had prior experience with aftermarket lenses when I installed a pair of Revant Elite's in a pair of squarewire 2.0's and they were pretty damn good. Way better than the damaged OEM lenses that were there, of course a direct comparison wasn't possible due to the amount of scratching.

I did already go through the thread here (all 41 pages of it): Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc
If you're interested, there are more reviews of other lenses here....

Links to Oakley Sunglasses/Lens/Other Reviews (cacatman)

Also, @assassin10000, are you Australian?

I ordered lenses from them. Good quality, but lenses are larger fit and will not fit or fit easily into frames.

... are you Australian?

Nope. I'm in northern CA. They do free shipping though.

I ordered lenses from them. Good quality, but lenses are larger fit and will not fit or fit easily into frames.

Good to know the quality was good on the lenses themselves. What frames were they hard to fit?

Most of the reviews I could find are positive. Unfortunately the same can be said for some of the other lesser quality replacement lenses too, given how subjective an opinion is vs a true optical test.

Nope. I'm in northern CA. They do free shipping though.

Good to know the quality was good on the lenses themselves. What frames were they hard to fit?

Most of the reviews I could find are positive. Unfortunately the same can be said for some of the other lesser quality replacement lenses too, given how subjective an opinion is vs a true optical test.
Tried them in a pair of gen1 racing jackets. Would not fit. Frustrating. Would suggest sending them to a lense cutter for fitting

Good to know. If I do order them and they are overly large I'll send them to be fitted.

Any one else with experience out there?

Latest Posts

Back