• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Good to know. If I do order them and they are overly large I'll send them to be fitted.

Any one else with experience out there?

I tried cutting them to size and you can also confirm with soulfulfrog that the lenses are actually very thick and do not seem to fit the oakley frames. I would have to pass on these lenses for O frames, unless you can shave the edges down thin enough to get into frames

You see this posted a lot, that there is nothing better than OEM and I disagree 100%. I have found the Revant Elite line of lenses to be superior to OEM. Yes, I know this is blasphemy to the Oakley Purest, but that doesn't bother me. I have never had issues with a single pair of the Elite lenses, I can't say the same when it comes to OEM lenses. The biggest issue I have had with Oakley lenses is the delam around the edge of the lens. I am not an optometrist and I didn't stay in the Holiday Inn last night. My eyes are jacked up due to being a Type 1 diabetic. Polarized lenses are a must for my eyes. I can normally tell after a few hours if the lenses are any count. I will get back headaches, and that is why I don't wear lenses from companies like Welluva. The Revant Elite, in my opinion, is the best lens that I have found for my Juliets. I have also had success with the IKON polarized lenses and I just did a review on a pair of the Zeiss lenses that the X-Man ( Mark) is selling. I liked them so much I purchased another set. My best advice is to try them and see if they work for you. It doesn't matter what I say, or what anyone else says, if they work for you, that's all that matters. One of the most important is using a quality lens that is the right curve to fit the Oakley frames and that have been corrected for this curve. If you want the technical side of this I highly recommend Mr. Hardaway, he does this for a living, and he knows what he is doing. Good luck and if you decide to give them a trial run report back here with your findings.
Later
NCH

No your eyes wont be able to "tell a difference" because they can adjust to compensate for the lack of quality....but it does damage to your eyes and they never rebuild after that damage. Thats why its very important to use only oakley lenses

I agree here

It's been a looong time but I recently wanted to get some transition lenses for bike rides around dusk, and I remembered that sunglassfix has them available.

These aren't oakleys but I was able to bodge together a pair using a bridge/nose piece and arms/temples from some parts sunglasses, along with a pair of transition lenses.

The only disappointment so far, is that there was some remnant nylon/poly from the machining process at all 4 attachment points I had to scrape away (very carefully).

PXL_20230908_053106294.jpg

Here's how one side darkens up using a UV flashlight.

PXL_20230908_053246281.jpg

Back