• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Are you all going to offer the elite lenses for the romeo 2 eventually? Or lets say are you all going to offer the elite lenses for all the Oakley glasses?
We're always looking to expand our selection and are definitely looking into broadening our line of Elite lenses. We don't have any current timetable for Elite lenses for Romeo 2 but I'll be sure to chat with the team about these in specific. As for the rest of 'em, stay tuned! :cool-20:

I'd love to hear what you thought of those Ice Blue lenses and get you fixed up for the lenses that we're giving you some issues earlier. Feel free to send an email my way (kk@revantoptics.com) if you haven't gotten in touch with our Customer Experience team already. -Kevin

I have the Revant Ice Blue Polarised in the cheaper mirrorshield - not Elite HC3 - guise, on Flak Jacket XLJ's. I would happily have paid more for the HC3 but I wanted them for driving, and the light transmission of 18% for the standard polarised lens was perfect - 9% as in the HC3 is much too low for a driving lens in England, it might be fine in Nevada... I have been using Oakley G28 Black Iridium non-polarised, which were perfect light-wise, and wanted to see if polarisation was useful for driving, and if I had any issues seeing the TomTom or vehicle infotainment screens.

Positives: There is no difficulty in viewing phone/car/satnav screens, the warm tint is pleasant (I find the "neutral" Oakley lenses a bit cold colour-wise), light levels are good for driving, the polarisation works really well in removing reflections from the inside of the windscreen while driving. They sell for sensible prices across the water here in the UK, whereas Oakley prices are much much higher than in the US. Image clarity is good. And they look great.

Negatives: While looking the right shape/size, they are not held in place quite as well as Oakley genuine lenses (of which I have quite a few, all non-polarised, in XLJ fit). There are slight reflections in the image at almost all angles to the sun, much like an Oakley lens with a dirt smear on them. There are slight blue highlights on some headlights and reflections. The image colour and brightness varies slightly across the lens, especially up and down - the top section is brighter and has a greenish tint, whereas I have always found Oakley exactly the same on any part of the lens.

Overall, they are a decent driving lens, because in the car there are all sorts of reflections, the ability to overcome these beats the slight additional reflection caused by the lens. You are looking through a relatively narrow field of vision anyway when driving - especially vertically - because you are looking through a windscreen. But as a walkaround lens I find Oakley originals markedly superior. Of course, they also cost a lot more, especially in the UK, so overall - assuming there are no wear and tear issues, the Revant lenses are a good buy considering the price. They proved to me that I do want polarisation, and I have ordered an additional set of XLJ's with the Oakley Grey Polarised lens to keep in my car - the Revant lenses I will keep as spares for my "walkaround" XLJ's, and for driving my wife's car.

If only the Elite HC3's had higher light transmission levels then they might have been perfect - there are not many genuine Oakley Polarised lenses with around 18% light transmission, and they tend to be "neutral" colour-wise, when I prefer a "warm" tone.

Sorry to necro an old thread, but i couldn't find any current threads on the current generation of Revant lenses (i haven't owned any in at least 2 or more iterations/improvements). i imagined posting here might possibly generate the feedback im looking for. Has anyone here gotten Midnight Sun Elite lenses and if so, do you have pics of the finish and looking through the lenses? I know that's very specific. I would love to see the same with the Fire Red Mirrorshield. (finish IRL, looking through IRL) I really wish all lense options were represented in that means because simulation pictures and general grouping can be deceiving or (as i suspect with Midnight Sun) make the view looking through the lense look inferior to the actuality. Who knows? lol. well, aside from @Revant Optics . Im going to pick up at least 2 or 3 sets of the current gen Elite to test out in my Split Shot, X Metal XX, and/or Badman. The 2017 iteration of Polarized Midnight Sun had a great finish, but left much to be desired looking through. I am stoked Midnight Sun is an option for Elite now. If only Prizm Snow Torch had a clone. :) Maybe @Litos has some pics of them. :) Still loving my XX, brother. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20170517_160946662_HDR.jpg

I have been using their Tracer Orange (Prizm Trail equivalent; now discontinued) and another set of Elite Black Chrome on the way.

I have the Midnight Sun in my gray Holstons. I wanted a Prizm Road look/feel, and for the most part they are good. Revant says VLT is 14%, but they feel much brighter and my eyes are visible through them. Looking through is similar to old school ruby iridium, but not as pronounced. Looking AT the lenses they appear as fire from the top, red from straight on, and violet from the sides. The last two pics looking outside are the Revant (lighter) and ruby iridium (darker)

9B222A02-811F-4E07-AE54-096846FF86D5.jpeg

8EE54866-9663-4C9E-9917-9B25F183014A.jpeg

1BEE5E8D-89C8-4B68-860D-12A03A7CA3DE.jpeg

After re-reading your post I realized you are interested in the Elite lenses, so disregard if wrong info. These are not the Elite.

Honestly, thats still helpful. better than the Polarized gen i had in my XX for sure. (circa 2017 or so).

i think im going to simply buy one set to test out in my split shot. they have a discount buying more than 1 set, but its too much of a crap shoot for me until i see IRL pics or have them in hand.

Back