• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I usually wait until they have a sale. They do 20% off maybe 5 or 6 times a year, and 30% once or twice. If it's not a priority you can just wait.

Well, when I ordered these, i could have done multiple sets and gotten them discounted, (~$40/set after the first one) but just in case, I only ordered the one set.

In the pictures I am about to post, my control is the factory Prizm Snow Torch lenses in my Split Shot. I say that because the red of the Split Shot's finish is one of my favorites. It was dark when I got home, so I couldnt get full sun pictures. That will happen this weekend. ;)

Revant's packaging is right up my alley. I make everything I can black and red. Just ask @Chris A Hardaway ) So my now answered questions...

The finish is far more reflective than the Snow Torch. Its like the finish of Prizm Snow Torch and finish of Ruby had a baby...a pretty baby. Looking through the lenses is not a trip like the prizm snow torch, but its comfortable and relaxed. The hue looking through reminds me of one set of weak blue fruby polars i had. It isnt actually blue, but the grey *almost* feels like it after the AR coating. As any Ruby purist would point out, its not the same .(thinking of you @Funky-Trixtar ) However, its a good lense to look through and actually reminds me of 00 Red Iridium tonally.

The truth lies in the pics.

My first impressions are positive. The lenses fit well, look good aesthetically, and have exceeded my expectations. Leaps and bounds ahead of the Midnight Sun polars i had circa 2017 in my X metal XX. Revant has regained my respect with these. I will update this post as i use these just in case anyone else is interested.

Id like to thank Kevin @Revant Optics for getting back to me. If you hadnt, i likely would have missed out on these. (as in i wouldnt have ordered).

Now that Oakley themselves have fully discontinued things like Ruby Polar, Emerald Polar, 00 Red Iridium, Positive Red Iridium, and scores of others, *some* enterprising lense companies could surely benefit from providing a suitable replacement/clone for all of the Oakley fans left making tradeoffs with things like Prizm Fruby Polar. (this is me). I enjoy the feel of Prizm, but somehow, i think its short sighted to discontinue things people love. Hoping to see something like Rose Tracer in a ruby flash finish someday @Revant Optics . I would seriously love a blue dye injected lense with a *comparable to Oakley Ruby* finish.
Thank you for reading.

IMG_20210115_192858__01.jpg

IMG_20210115_192913__01.jpg

IMG_20210115_193049__01.jpg

IMG_20210115_193314__01.jpg

IMG_20210115_193344__01.jpg

IMG_20210115_193358.jpg

IMG_20210115_193428__01.jpg

IMG_20210115_193525_Bokeh.jpg

IMG_20210115_204157.jpg

Last edited:
Now that Oakley themselves have fully discontinued things like Ruby Polar, Emerald Polar, 00 Red Iridium, Positive Red Iridium, and scores of others, *some* enterprising lense companies could surely benefit from providing a suitable replacement/clone for all of the Oakley fans left making tradeoffs with things like Prizm Fruby Polar. (this is me). I enjoy the feel of Prizm, but somehow, i think its short sighted to discontinue things people love. Hoping to see something like Rose Tracer in a ruby flash finish someday @Revant Optics . I would seriously love a blue dye injected lense with a *comparable to Oakley Ruby* finish.

I have said this earlier and I'd say it again. @Revant Optics please bring back the tracer lenses. The Orange Tracers have been my absolute favorites as contrast lens replacements for those dull days, particularly on mundane frames like Holbrook which don't get OEM options. Similarly, legacy tints like VR28, Emerald, Gold Iridium, G26 and 'proper' Ruby will be a big hit with fans, especially since OEMs were discontinued!

also, as a point of reference, i ordered and paid $65 for the Midnight Sun Elite Polar lenses. I am just offering an objective, uninfluenced point of view. If they had been awful, i would have laid it out clearly in a brutally honest means and returned them. On the contrary, I have been nothing but pleasantly surprised with these as an alternative lense. These are good for the price point.
However, the price point is almost a bit high compared to OEM lenses on sale at a Vault or from peeps online. Is it cheaper than OEM retail? Sure. Case and point, on these forums, if you are patient, you can find OEM lenses for similar or lower prices. Does Oakley even make half of the lenses Revant provides replacement lenses for? No. So for the money, not a bad deal. For a frames like Badman and Split Shot i will stick to Revant. But until i see things like Prizm emerge (rose tracer, orange tracer) i probably will stick to OEM for overcast days. just snagged a new set of prizm snow torch lenses for $65. kinda sets it in perspective for me.

Last edited:
My Lenses arrived today. Revant Elite Black Chrome Polarized. First time trying out their Elite range and eere are my observations:

PROS
  • Came very well packed and the package included a very usable microfiber lens pouch. Sweet!
  • Clarity is on par with Oakley's OEM Lenses, which is awesome.
  • Lens thickness is the same as OEM lenses, unlike Revant's normal (non-Elite) lenses /other aftermarket lenses that are thinner.
  • AR coating on the backside helps cut the reflections from your eyes
DISAPPOINTMENTS
  • My biggest disappointment was the lens tint. I was expecting a performance similar to OEM Prizm Black, only to discover that the lenses I received were not contrast enhancing! , The lenses I received were a greenish-grey tint. Whatever happened to the HC3, which was rebranded as Elite?
  • Quality: Another major gripe. Finishing of lenses is not OEM-good. My lenses had quite a few rough edges, apparently a poor cut. I have a bad feeling about the rough edges, which feel like the lens might start delaminating from those spots. (Pics attached below). Not expected at this price point.
  • Price: I paid an eye-watering $95 ($60 + Shipping + Customs) . FWIW, the Split Shot sunglasses I bought these lenses for, were purchased for $82 equivalent, with DWP lenses. I could have just as well purchased another pair of split shots :oops:
I got my takeaways, I am going to skip the Elite range in the future and stick to regular replacements. It's just not worth the $22 premium for Elite, and more so if I compare the cost of importing a set vs buying a fresh set of sunglasses. I am a sucker for mild contrast lenses (think Prizm Black and Daily Prizm) and had read reviews of Revant's HC3 lenses. Unfortunately the Elite range doesn't live up to the HC3 fame.

Packaging:

_1.jpg

This is how it looks on the frame. Slightly less reflective than Oakley's Black Iridium / Prizm Black.

_2.jpg

AR coating on the backside is impressive.

_3.jpg

Lens tint when looking through. Greenish Grey tint, but not G15 kind of green, I'd say it's closer to Oakley's Dark Grey tint. No contrast enhancement of any sort.

_4.jpg

_6.jpg

Rough / poorly cut Edges:

_7.jpg
_5.jpg

I hear ya, man. Not the worst ive used for sure, but OEM lenses for a new frame are not hard to find at a $65 price poimt. I think they are worth $35-40 tops. and even then OEM are possible.

Honestly, i really think Revant Elite are a good product. Like the Midnight Sun Elite Polar are a great alternative lense considering Torch Polar and Ruby Polar domt exist for Split Shot, but its neither. if i had to guess, the aim was to clone Torch. but what ive seen of the Fire Red or whatever they call it is disappointing. It wouldnt hurt to jump Oakleys gun by making lenses that use a color base for simple feel. Like i feel a good ruby polar. Calm, crisp, etc. I felt ruby prizm polar in its earlier iterations. but consistency is an issue for Oakley/Lux. so now we have the frubiest of fruby prizm ruby and its mated with the green tint Violet lost when they made Prizm Violet Polar. I can feel it, but i dont want to. lol. That is the gap in the market a lense company should be hitting hard.
Nostalgia sells.

also @kmbijit thats robbery. whats an OEM set cost ya? I learned the hard way by selling a vinyl of Tool Aenima to a guy in Canada in my NIN/Tool collecting days that duties exist for Canadian buyers. neither the buyer or I planned on that. sometimes i forget that Clinton screwed us on jobs with NAFTA, but gave us cheap imports in the process. At $90-ish, there is no way id snag the midnight suns over OEM. i only paid like $80 for the frame with prizm snow torch in the first place. bought a replacement set for $65, which was exactly what i paid for the Elites.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back