• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Wear The Ice Iridium Lenses?

Raptor597dpj

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I'm thinking about ordering some custom radar ranges or M frame heaters with the ice iridium lenses. Does anyone have this tint that can make a recommendation about buying them? It seems like they really limit the transition of light and are designed for bright areas. I primarily plan to use the lenses for road biking in Louisiana.

Ice is for extremely bright light at 10%....although a friend of mine who bikes over 120 miles a week swears by Black Iridium which is essentially the same. I think its a matter of where you ride and personal taste. Road riders I know here in California go for lenses like Ice because its bright most of the time.

I wear them on my gascans and I prefer them over the black iridium on my m-frames even though they are essentially the same lens.

I have probably 15 pair with the ice iridium lenses. I love them and they are great for bright light!

I wear them on my Jury's Distressed Silver/Ice Iridium. They are good lenses, definitely dark. These were my first Ice Iridium, and I didn't expect them to be that dark, but they are my second darkest pair after my Black Iridium Polarized Radars.

I mean can it withstand the bright flash of a nuclear bomb. If it did protect against that oakley's stock would go up with the doomsday crowd. haha.

I think my black iridium m frames are darker slightly than my prescription ice iridium flak jackets. Could be the difference in prescription, or that they are 7 years apart in when they were made. I'd think for biking, you may want a non gray based tint for when you go into shaded areas for greater contrast.

Back