• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Wearing The Four Barrel Or Crew Shoes? Looking For Opinions On A GYM Shoe.

Miami Bad Boy BOSS

Oakley Beginner
I need a new gym shoe since my Nike Shox are just about blown out. I'm look more for a Cross-Trainer or all around gym shoe; something good for the Treadmill, as well as powerlifting... I don't want them splitting on me when I'm doing squats or leg presses... the last thing I want is my shoe blowing out when pressing 1,800-lbs, lol... BUT... I'm also not looking for a VS, Do-Win, or the like; i just want an all around solid Cross-Trainer type shoe that would stand up to some lifting and not be too uncomfortable outside of the gym.

With that said, I've been looking at the Crew and the Four Barrel. I like the Crew because it looks to be a more stable and flat footed shoe; however, the Four Barrel looks like it would be more comfortable for running and an all around shoe, yet give that sure-footed feel when dead lifting or squatting.

What are your thoughts and opinions? Do we have any lifters on the forum that could chime in!?

Thanks guys!

I was hoping to get some feedback on these shoes. I'll wait a little longer before I make a decision, on what to get; hopefully someone will chime in by then.

i don't think any of the current line is really tailored to your needs.

Do you have a pair of the Crews or Four Barrel? From the pics I've seen, they don't look too bad, especially the crews; those are on the lines of the Otomix or Dead Lift shoes. Like I said, I'm not looking for a Do-win or any type of Oly, I want a good all around gym and lifestyle shoe.

Thanks for your response!

Back