• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Apparition Thoughts?

If you get the chance, try on Sylas. It's a slightly more conservative variation on Sliver. It just came out, so options are limited, but there is a Polished Rootbeer and Prizm Bronze option that is cheap by Oakley standards. You already like Sliver, it's just a matter of whether Sylas is dressy enough, while still being a plastic frame. It's definitely designed with casual wear in mind. I wrote a brief review of it just the other day here.

Update: Well I called the local Oakley store and asked them if the Apparition lenses are swappable. The manager didn't know, so she got her display glasses and was able to pop the lenses out and back in without issue. So she said they are swappable. Oakley doesn't sell replacement lenses yet, but some are available here and on ebay. This is great news for me. If I don't like the Rose Gold lenses, I have 3 other lens choices.

So I ordered a pair of the Amber/Brown Apparitions and should get them Monday night. I know that color choice is odd, but I just wanted something other than black. All my other sunglasses are black. My bikes are all black. I can't get away from black equipment... LOL

Well, I got the Apparitions in. I got the Amber Frame with Prizm Rose Gold lenses. First I would like to give my impressions for anyone interested in Apparations. Then, I would like to ask for some honest feedback.

Pros:
- I like that they don't wrap much. I have sport glasses that do, but I prefer ones that don't wrap for Lifestyle frames.
- I like the color of the frame. I have a some black frames lifestyle frames, and white sport frames. I wanted something different,
- I was unsure about the Rold Gold lenses, but I really like how things looking through the lenses. It increases the saturation of most colors, without muting any. Even though the lenses are 13% VLT, they don't look murky. Since no colors are muted, things still look bright, but with all the glare removed. I really like looking through this lens.
- The springs in the arm allow for the frame to lightly hold my wide head. I can look down without them falling off, but they don't pinch near the ears.
- They are light weight.
- Supposedly, the lenses are swappable. I haven't tried it yet,

Cons or Still Unsure:
- I'm not sure I like the color of the lenses (viewing from the front). I'll need some time. They are obviously different from a coll set of DWP, or Black Iridium. lol

So, can I ask for some honest feeback?
1) How do others think these look, especially the lenses?
2) Are these frame a good look for my shape/size face? Are they too big? Too Round? Too square? Etc...
IMG_3248.jpg
IMG_3245.jpg
IMG_3250.jpg

Those look good, mate.
The lens colour blends well with your skin tone. I think 24K would wash out your features and make you look pale, so that rose blend is great.

The frames are a good shape for you too. You have an oval shaped face so you could pull off either square or round frames. The square shape of Apparition breaks up the silhouette well.

Those look good, mate.
The lens colour blends well with your skin tone. I think 24K would wash out your features and make you look pale, so that rose blend is great.

The frames are a good shape for you too. You have an oval shaped face so you could pull off either square or round frames. The square shape of Apparition breaks up the silhouette well.
Thanks for The in-depth feedback. I’m not fashion conscience so your help is greatly appreciated.

I personally wished I hadn’t invested in Apparition now! Bought with prescription lenses, based on Oakleys claim that they are no-slip Unobtainium. Trust me, I’m sick and tired of having to constantly push them; slightest perspiration and I’ve had them slide off, and £350 is a lot to see crack on the ground!
Oakley are blaming the retailer...

Latest Posts

Back