• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Apple Event

Personally, 6+ and my MacBook Pro is all I feel that I need. I won't be buying an iPad. If I had one, I would definitely consider selling it.

I think I may go that route or even go the 128gb as it's only $100 price difference between the models here although the base model starts at $999.

It's a wake up call for fatties and skinny jean hipsters. :p The rolled edges and ultra thin profile they use now in contrast from the previous box design frame sacrificed rigidity. Why anyone would expect to cram a phone that size in a front or back pocket and sit down with it without issue is beyond me.

I cram a phone slightly bigger than that in my pocket, sit down with it, lay down with it, drive with it. Never had any issue at all.

It's a wake up call for fatties and skinny jean hipsters. :p The rolled edges and ultra thin profile they use now in contrast from the previous box design frame sacrificed rigidity. Why anyone would expect to cram a phone that size in a front or back pocket and sit down with it without issue is beyond me.
My case arrived before the phone and it's been in there ever since. It's only ever in a trouser pocket if I don't have a jacket and then I take it out before I sit down. I don't expect phones to be carelessness-proof!

I wasn't aiming any of my anti phone diatribe here I am just sick of being behind texting people and missing a green light - tuesday or being in a slow moving line for coffee because after 10 tries the person finally realize their phone payment thingy isn't working- thursday. I cant do 72 in a 65 without getting nailed and some moron drives rightbythecops involved deeply in their important conversation Maybethis belongs in grinds my gears but a polite user isn't my target.

I wasn't aiming any of my anti phone diatribe here I am just sick of being behind texting people and missing a green light - tuesday or being in a slow moving line for coffee because after 10 tries the person finally realize their phone payment thingy isn't working- thursday. I cant do 72 in a 65 without getting nailed and some moron drives rightbythecops involved deeply in their important conversation Maybethis belongs in grinds my gears but a polite user isn't my target.

I once posted this there:
honk.jpg

I read it too. I'm willing to bet that the ones getting bent are having a fair amount of pressure being applied to them. People are most likely trying to cram them into the same pockets that they were putting their older smaller iPhones in, which could prove to be difficult.
The new iPhone is a good bit thinner, so obviously that should be taken into consideration when handling roughly or storing it in a pocket. Apple puts their products through the ringer before releasing them into the wild. It's not a major design flaw.
I agree. Sure you can bend it if you try, I've watched the videos, but I'm sure its been tested. Why they wouldn't make it with a higher factor of safety, idk, but I think it should be fine.

Back