• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Apple Event

It also has NFC for mobile wallet payments. Maybe it's hidden in the details of software functionality, but I didn't see anything new that the competition hasn't already released.

It also has NFC for mobile wallet payments. Maybe it's hidden in the details of software functionality, but I didn't see anything new that the competition hasn't already released.
Maybe the M8 coprocessor has functions that others might not have ...

Personally i love my iPhone 4s, id keep it if the battery would keep up and store would stock the older style plugs ... but alas progress is progress ... a larger screen and a faster everything can't hurt my unproductively at work any more could it?

I like Apples' simplicity ... and not to sound like a sheep... but everything just works ... I've never had the phone freeze, my apps rarely crash, basically it does everything i need it to do ...

Ive and my Macbook Pro for 5 years and its barely showing signs of age ... other laptops I've owned were unbearably bad after 2-3 years of use ...

Their stuff works (for me), its simple, I've gotten good customer service and they've also cleaned out my wallet...

@Lexkempo I agree, in my experience everything Apple just works. My mid '09 MacBook Pro was just now starting to show it's age after 5 yrs. This summer I upped the RAM, put in a new SSD, clean install of Mavericks, and it's just like a brand new computer again.

If you did want to keep your 4S, it's pretty simple to swap in a new battery, check out ifixit.com. And for cords, monoprice.com. But I'd say go for the new one :)

@Lexkempo I agree, in my experience everything Apple just works. My mid '09 MacBook Pro was just now starting to show it's age after 5 yrs. This summer I upped the RAM, put in a new SSD, clean install of Mavericks, and it's just like a brand new computer again.

If you did want to keep your 4S, it's pretty simple to swap in a new battery, check out ifixit.com. And for cords, monoprice.com. But I'd say go for the new one :)
We might have the same MBP ... and its works just fine for what i use it for, the only money i put into it is a new battery after 4 years and a new HDD as the original 160GB one was always full...

The only disappointment I've had with the MBP is that CD/DVD drive is costly to replace ... 89$+install ... the Apple employee told me to go to BB and get a 29$ USB special instead ... well worth the 30$ for all the actual CD's i use nowadays ...

And yes @Kuztomized, i will go for new, and i can sell my old 4s for a few bucks back and cut down on the costs ... ill finally be able to only bring one plug with my iPad and iPhone now ...:)

After watching the unveiling I am personally excited and will never complain about Apple,
Their software as well as hardware. Ive had multiple Androids as well as iPhones and simply out Apple just works! All the time!!! The same can't be said about any android.

I am all over the 6+ and frankly can't wait to get one (have to wait until December for contract renewal). Would love the watch just not sure how much id use it. Ipay is cool so long as it can be 100% protected. All in all nice solid release.

But even with a new SSD and more RAM it still uses an ancient Core 2 Duo processor and an Nvidia chip that is literally 10 versions old. There is no chance it runs as well as a newer, more modern machine, unless all you use it is for email and web browsing.

Back