• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Appraisal Thread?

thatoakleyguy

Oakley Expert
VA
I'm laying in bed and it just hit me, why not do an appraisal type thread. I'm currently watching like 12 frames on eBay to see what all mine are worth. Why not try to get an idea of what LE/SE frames are going for and production numbers.
I've seen this on a few other forums I'm on (paintball and motorcycles) and they seem to be a huge mass of knowledge for people trying to value their collection, or justifying to a significant other why I have to buy these frames because they're such a great deal!

If you guys like the idea post what you KNOW and I can add it all to this post as the info grows, if you hate my idea let the thread die.

Glasses are only worth what someone will pay for it. Collecting Oakleys is like playing the stock market. When it's hot, it's expensive. When no one cares, it's not even worth MSRP.

In my opinion, appraisals on Oakleys are very subjective. It's all in what the collector wants, how bad they want it, whether it completes a collection for THAT PARTICULAR COLLECTOR and many other variables. For instance, if someone is trying to complete an artist series and the only thing they need is the C100 Gascan to do so, they may be willing to pay $500 for a pair. These are very rare, limited to 500, hard to get for the most part etc. etc. However, they routinely go for 300-400 on ebay. For me personally, I wouldn't give more than 200 for a pair, because I already have one. A million examples could be given of how subjective that would be in the collector market. The pair is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Latest Posts

Back